Sign in to follow this  
Uncarina

What’s Your Best Bargain For A New Kit?

Very recently bought a F-104A/C off ebay without clear parts for £41.50 inc postage, just bought the clear parts from Italeri for 6 Euros, soo £46.99 all in - it's £89.99 from Hannants...

Scott, you neglected to mention the  Benji, what was its fate???

Referring to the $100 bill?  It was reinvested back into the stash! 

My first reaction was to send it back to the seller, but when I started looking into their auctions, I actually sent them a message asking how many kits they had in their collection they wanted to sell. Just to feel them out.  That's when they told me they bought a small collection in an estate sale and all they had was either sold already or was listed.  Funny thing was, they posted the kit as "Complete and accounted for" or something to that effect.  :rofl:   If they had inventoried it like they said they did, they would have discovered my little surprise!

I did forget to mention the Wolfpack F-4EJ Panther conversion and decals and Tamiya kit that I picked up for less than the value of the conversion.  Over the years I have gotten so many great deals here I cannot keep them straight!

In one raffle back in  2001 I walked away with a then recently released 1/24 Airfix Harrier and Trumpeter 1/72 TU-16.  I got both kits after buying $10 in raffle tickets. I also won at least one other older kit that day, so that was my best raffle day ever.  Other than that I can not remember any notable bargains on new kits.  I seem to remember getting good prices on newly released kits from Squadron, I want to say they offered a very good price if you pre-ordered. This was 15 years ago so It is hard to remember all the details.

The acquisitions I am most proud of are old hard to find kits, however that is a different discussion.

Some of my best

1/24 trump p-56 35$

1/24 trum bf 109g6 40

1/32 trump sbd 50