Sign in to follow this  
Uncarina

What’s Your Best Bargain For A New Kit?

Several years ago I bought a NEW Airfix 1/24 Mosquito from a vendor on E-Bay for $40.00; the U.S. vendor had four available, and they sold in less than a day. I just happened to be looking at the right time. We often discuss the inflated prices of kits, but what is your single best deal for a new kit?

Cheers, Tom

Thats an easy one............

My recently acquired DML Bf-110 direct from Dragon USA for $27.96.  Knowing the kit, possibly one of the best values dollar for dollar with the amount of great fitting and looking plastic you get in the box.    And no "$20 kit with $50 shipping" ripoffs either...................shipping ended up being around $6.00

Same here, I bought 5 of them, a ton of Armor (9 kits) and with shipping it cost around $210. 

Another good deal I got was a Trumpeter P-51B for $29.95 shipped, new.

Thats an easy one............

My recently acquired DML Bf-110 direct from Dragon USA for $27.96.  Knowing the kit, possibly one of the best values dollar for dollar with the amount of great fitting and looking plastic you get in the box.    And no "$20 kit with $50 shipping" ripoffs either...................shipping ended up being around $6.00

Was able to snag a 1/32 B-25J kit for $80, that was a pretty awesome deal.  It had come back to the hobby store "pre-started" but the guy had just clipped the wings off.  So I got a kit for 70% off just because the wings were clipped

Matt 

Was able to snag a 1/32 B-25J kit for $80, that was a pretty awesome deal.  It had come back to the hobby store "pre-started" but the guy had just clipped the wings off.  So I got a kit for 70% off just because the wings were clipped

Matt 

Now THAT'S what i call a perfect bargain!!!

Actually I just remembered something that qualified for this: I bought a box of old un-built model car kits from the late 1960s once at a yard sale for 30 bucks, and sold them on ebay for 550 bucks. That was probably the best value I ever got out of model kits.

That should be in the Make Others Jealous thread!  Im def jealous of that one............great find K2. Love the king kitty 

Needless to say, I was quite stunned myself. I eventually sold it for $300 and change, so I was pretty happy about that.

Holy cow! How in the world did you manage that?

Feebay. On a whim, I proxy bid $100, thinking there was no earthly way I'd ever win it, but got it for $75. I was going to use the various bits on a Jagdtiger conversion I was working on but never finished, so sold it off.