Sign in to follow this  
1to1scale

The craziness of buying and selling your home, packing, moving, etc.

What can I say, moving an entire house (and shed, and carport, and garage) of "stuff" is just a giant pain in the neck. What to keep, what to sell, what to give away, what to just throw out, then moving in August/September when it was always about 90+ degrees here, just a giant pain.

Though I moved just shy of four years ago, I'm still discovering things that I'd thought were forever lost, which is a real good thing, as well as occasionally remembering items that do indeed now appear to have been lost.

Doing all of that work while in pain, would just be icing on the cake.

Its a Factory Five Racing MKIV Cobra Roadster, about 80% done, which means a whole lot of hassle to move a car with many, many, boxes of stuff. 

LOL!   My son is helping a guy finish one right now.  He got it cranked up and running for the first time a coupe weeks back.  Now the steering column has a broken part they have to weld up. 

I've got a few kits in the stash I'll trade you? Hehehe...I'll even ship them to your new house.  That FF would look great next to my candy apple red '66 GT Fastback with white stripes.  And yes, I'd do the FF the same way!

8cTSSzZ.jpg

Mike , I don't know if you drink , but

if you don't , you need to start !!!

Mike so you did leave Ca!!!!!

I have so many friends leaving California their families been here Generations.

1 to 1 scale hope all goes well with your back and your knee fully recovers I don't envy you.

Come on Danny.  You know you want to move out.  Everyone's doing it.

I'm not sure how readily available they are in the USA but I'd suggest purchasing a Class B 40ft High cube shipping container. It can be delivered by a tilt tray or side loader. You can fit an awful lot inside one...or two.

I helped a friend gut his 350m sq factory a while back. Amazing how much of the internal fit out (steel,glass,flooring etc) we managed to neatly fit into his container.

Once you're at the other end they're generally readily saleable.

To be honest it's probably the best rehab you could have had. I bet you're busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking competition.

Good luck

Matty

Ps And, on a bright note about the Scoliosis.

True. The state I grew up in is....changing.[/quot

So true Mike

Yes Nicholas I know. 6th generation Californian and I want the hell out of here. I've lived in New Mexico. really loved it but had to move back due to family health issues

Like to try Oregon or one of the Carolinas

I'm not sure how readily available they are in the USA but I'd suggest purchasing a Class B 40ft High cube shipping container. It can be delivered by a tilt tray or side loader. You can fit an awful lot inside one...or two.

I helped a friend gut his 350m sq factory a while back. Amazing how much of the internal fit out (steel,glass,flooring etc) we managed to neatly fit into his container.

Once you're at the other end they're generally readily saleable.

To be honest it's probably the best rehab you could have had. I bet you're busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking competition.

Good luck

Matty

Ps And, on a bright note about the Scoliosis.

Mine not quite that bad, but hopefully some hardware will help.

Ha!  been there done that. 

Southern California, to Tennessee.  Wife did the whole selling & moving.  I took a couple SUV loads of stuff moving back to TN from Cali.  We picked out a killer house in TN, only to realize the company I worked for were way over their heads.  Resigned 15 months later.  I sold the house in one day without a listing in the paper.  Made $75K in 14 months owning it.  Moved back to Palm Springs area bought a bigger house in the same neighborhood as our get away place out of the LA area.  I then got a job in Singapore 6 months.  My wife moved us again without me while I was working in Singapore.  I left two years ago with two suit cases.  Sold three houses in 3 years basically. 

Ship your car.  I shipped my Triumph TR-6 a while back when I lived in KC to California. The car wasn't running at the time.  I shipped my Carrera 4S & VW GTI back from TN to California and it was maybe $800?    The cars were picked up in TN and it took 24 hours to arrive in Palm Springs.  Amazingly fast.  

TN is fabulous place.  Mild climate.  the spring and fall is amazing.  I'm heading there to live once my Singapore gig is over.  Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville.  Good luck on the move.  If you need that car mover, PM me and I'll try and dig it up for you. 

Best of luck on your next chapter in life.