Is Fly Model retooling the Ar 234?

mahernandez

I too have Radu's resin kit. For probably many reasons including being under a rock due to my day job, the version from Fly came and went under the RADAR. I would buy the 4-engine variant. I am retired now so I notice more things go inning on. LOL

Rick

I have the B-2 version "to do" next though it may be a little while before I get round to it!

I know there's alot of things wrong with the kit when compared to the MDC & most plans, though I have to admit it looks like an AR-234 when taped together.

I'm not a rivet counter & would rather have a well engineered kit that is quite easy to build (and doesn't have resin for most of the kit) which also doesn't cost the earth than a beautiful, amazing quality kit that I'm terrified to build as if I screw it up I know it would have cost me much more than any other kit in my collection.

If anyone get's the chance to buy one of these my advice is "buy it!!" as the resin etch & decals as stunning too.

My problem with the MDC kit, is warpage.  The main fuselage pieces on mine have both twisted and rolled back at the top.  The wings both have warped, but were easy to fix in warm water, (noticed the other day, one has returned to it's warp).  The fuselage pieces being solid really IMO can't be heated and returned to correct form.  

I notice this with a lot of resin, that over time pieces either shrink a bit or warp/twist.  The work to glue fix the fuselage halves will most likely remove the fine engraved details, so they will have to be redone by hand to match.  

This kit has been kept indoors.  I was surprised to see the amount of change, as I had taped the two fuselage halves together when it first arrived.  

I tried to order 2 new halves but MDC no longer is making the kit it seems.

As for the Fly kit, I agree it may issues, but it taped up nicely. 

Paul Caldwell 

I was in contact with Fly a couple years back and he said he was considering doing the Ar 234C but had other projects to do first.

Although I have a nice un-warped copy of MDCs kit in my stash, I would definitely pick up a C model. 

What's the problems with the FLY kit? Always fancied one being a Luftwaffe Jet.. 

Apparently the scale drawings they used as a basis for the kit have some errors in them, the MDC kit is supposed to be more accurate.