Dragon/ Aims conversion Bf 110g 4 night fighter

chrish

Thanks Ray, they do fit down into place better, I’ve since done some filling and sanding of the cowls and attached the oil coolers in place as well. The radiators are also fitted and things are progressing (as much as I progress)

thanks for looking and commenting 

Thank you guys for the encouragement and for checking in on my build, it’s really appreciated!

the nacelles are a bit of a tricky fit it’s true! Slightly narrow in cross section and a bit tall but, overall they can be convinced to stick to the model, I used thin CA for initial assembly and two part epoxy for peace of mind. 

I also shaved off the back parts of the prop hub by about 3mm to allow the prop blades to align with the openings in the spinner, without shaving the back of the hub, the hub sits too high on the spinner back plate and causes the props to foul on the spinner cutouts. Not a big problem at all, there may be other ways of fixing the issue but I saw it as the most direct way

The nacelles are difficult enough to build just using Dragon's original bits of plastic, mixing in some AIMS resin just compounds the puzzle! It's the area I decided to start with Shawn on my build, confront the beast as it were..... :)  You're doing a good job there Chrish, keep plugging away! 

Thanks!

i actually enjoyed the problem solving and fitting of the nacelles, I’m glad they worked out ok as well! The previous G I built was with superbug/ Largescale conversions kit which contained two (I can’t remember which side now) same side engines, so they had to be cut and cajoled to fit the kit parts in a hybrid kind of way in order to attach to the wing. By comparison this one is a Tamiya type fit!

I have glued up the fuselage and installed the lower wing center section, all to a perfect fit. There'll be no filler needed here, just a bit of sanding, the proverbial swipe with a sanding stick we always hear about.

4XJc74S.jpg

s4OQmGD.jpg

I've also added a bit of wiring to the rear instrumentation, nothing precise, merely a representation of the mass of cabling in the area.