Dragon/ Aims conversion Bf 110g 4 night fighter

chrish

Hi Brian, thank you very much. My issue, I believe, was originally with my browser, I have had recurring issue with the copy/ paste system using internet explorer but, not with Google or Google chrome.

As well, the problem will persist if I have Explorer open (in background) but am using Google to copy/ paste.

Explorer must not be used or, even open in the background on this machine.

I haven't  tried using the Ipad again...yet

I am gaining confidence in the system, thank you all for the help and patience with my issue, it is appreciated.

Some test fitting in progress, after reading other folks posts about the close fit of components in the kit, I'm really trying to be careful with the SM installation. Not being a fan of PE. at all I'm not in my comfort zone. With that in mind I've made my own styrene rod upper SM mount of .025" rod and drilled .030" styrene  rod to allow the frame to move, pivot at the mounting on the rear bulkhead, also added some 1/48 Airscale cockpit placard decals to the radios and other places.

hpN246g.jpg

SMZjekK.jpg

lzOQd9k.jpg

Really nice progress Chris on the 110 cockpit,however did you ever start a WIP on your 188 so we can see more. Would be very interested to see more images if thts ok as I have one stalled at the moment and keen to get back to it!

Regards. Andy

Thanks Gaz!

Hi Andy I’m sure I have wip pictures on my old computer (which strangely had none of the trouble posting images that my new machine has) I’ll take a look tonight and post them if they’ll help you out

7 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Really nice progress Chris on the 110 cockpit,however did you ever start a WIP on your 188 so we can see more. Would be very interested to see more images if thts ok as I have one stalled at the moment and keen to get back to it!

Regards. Andy

Hi andy

i found my 188 wip pictures and posted them here on wip;  Aims/revell Ju 188

see if there’s anything in there that can be of assistance 

I bought some of those cloth belts for some WWI subjects.  Look so much better than PE or decals...  or my really, really ugly tape renditions.  Some nice weathering there, Chris.

Thanks Gaz, I cannot have fun building any model with large amounts of PE! I do however absolutely enjoy these fabric belts! I use micro liquitape to assemble them. Keeps them pliable and sticky

A bit more work done on the cockpit tonight, not a lot of room in there with all the guns, ammunition radios and periphery. 

Iv'e dropped various parts and mishandled others enough to have broken the glue joints and chipped and worn off the paint in spots.

TkZcqB5.jpg

iyFKSiX.jpg

kLg4COq.jpg

after all that, not much will be seen in there, the pictures are all that will remain once the fuselage gets closed up I think.