Time to relax for the evening. Feeling pretty good about this. The plane itself is done! Cockpit is unmasked, I can finally get those glamour shots the pilot wanted before i closed it up for painting. I used AK Interactive pigments and fixer for the walkways. This was so much less involved then some of the other methods i read about. Ptrcolored and it has texture to it like the antislip surface. 

IMG_3827-L.jpg

IMG_3824-L.jpg

IMG_3829-L.jpg

IMG_3828-L.jpg

tomorrow and onday i will end up doing the painting and decals for all the ordnance, looking forward to that. It’s getting pretty heavy, may have to get a steel rod instead of plastic. Will have to see if my balance point worked out or not for the final decision.

Finished her up in time for our club meeting. Wonderful night for sure. Here are a few pics on display. Will get some nice shots with my sons camera and macro lens later in the week for the RFI post. Still running high on the coffee i had in order to make the 3-1/2 hour drive home  tonight so thought posting some pics would be good to wind down on. The base is all sandpaper made to match Shaikh Isa AB in Bahrain where these fighters flew from.

IMG_3869-X2.jpg

IMG_3861-X2.jpg

IMG_3864-X2.jpg

IMG_3866-X2.jpg

IMG_3860-X2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweet, thanks guys! 1more big project and then I’m just doing an OOB build :D 

this was more work than expected but the nice thing about it was the help i got over in the tips forum. Choosing a warbird was the right way to go for my first weathering attempt to. Glad you guys stopped by!