New Spitfire movie ...

MikeMaben

Looks great.

When I hear them speak about that feeling of flying one, it seems eerily similar to the feeling I had riding my Honda FireBlade for so many years. Even to the extent that if I put my motorcycle gloves on, they're preformed to the shape of the clip-on handlebars and it actually leaves me feeling really good.

Matty

Looks great.

When I hear them speak about that feeling of flying one, it seems eerily similar to the feeling I had riding my Honda FireBlade for so many years. Even to the extent that if I put my motorcycle gloves on, they're preformed to the shape of the clip-on handlebars and it actually leaves me feeling really good.

Matty

The best mechanical creations never fight the user; they work harmoniously with the user and in fact become an extension of the user.

The Spitfire is, apparently, one of those things.  Everyone who ever flew one says the same sort of things about the experience.

This upcoming documentary looks great.  

The best mechanical creations never fight the user; they work harmoniously with the user and in fact become an extension of the user.

The Spitfire is, apparently, one of those things.  Everyone who ever flew one says the same sort of things about the experience.

This upcoming documentary looks great.  

Yup. That's what it felt like. You just thought and looked where you wanted it to go and it did it. I've heard Spitfire pilots say that so often. It's a lovely feeling...not one that could ever be experienced in a 4WD.

Great to see a Spitfire really getting the spurs kicked into it as well. They were made for flogging at full speed so have at it.

Matty

Oh, be still my heart............... I can't wit for this one...... saw my first real live, fire breathing Spitfire in 1990 on the channel coast low over the beach at Folkstone Kent..................... it was AWESOME !

That sound is unmistakable. Was leaving Duxford a few years back after a lovely afternoon there with my wife (not a BIG gear fan), and we both were startled to hear one circle the field and then glide in like a fairy onto the grass. Never forget that day.