Sign in to follow this  
Hacker

Ever had this happen in your stash

The other day l was contemplating a build based on the old Hasegawa Bf 109E. Yeah l know it out here and there in places but it does build into a nice aircraft and what l was planning accuracy is not an issue. Now l know l had two full kits in the same old style Hasegawa box yet upon examining the box l find everything there for two kits except the wings. l know l had two full kits there but what the hell?! l have torn the whole place apart and yielded nothing.

Have you even had large pieces like this simply vanished or so misplace that for the life of you are no where to be found?

Now l will have to resort to buying another kit somewhere eventually when l want to build my project l am thinking about

Hacker.......The misfortunes of a person with some Irish blood in him

I've lost and misplaced loads of parts but a wing ...

I'll go one better. I've sometimes put a kit away, other then the stash, forgotten about it and when I went to look for it down the road .. had no idea where I actually put it. Eventually I do find it,  Of course I remind myself of David Brenners famous line: ...it's in the last place I looked.

Peter

Lost a 1/32 Tamiya F-4 fuselage. That was about 8 years ago and have never found it.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've got a complete set of the metal landing gear bits for the same kit and extra canopy sprues for a Tamiya F-4 and Spitfire.

Carl

No, i never had that happen. But If I were a betting man, they ended up in another kit box somewhere. For me it’s usually the AM parts that get misplaced, and I find them later.

I’ll do you one better, I lost a whole kit!!! Yup one day I had a 32nd. Tamiya Spitfire and the next day poof!! To this day I don’t know what in the heck happen to it?

Wife found it?