A 1/32 Mirage F-1 from …… Revell ???

SharkOwl

1/32 Mirage F-1 from …… Revell ???

On a recent post here Maxim from Victoria Australia send us pics of the AUS Model Expo including this superb 1/32 Mirage F-1

wearing the colors of ''Free Kuwait'' of the 1991 Gulf War Era.

On the competition card it is clearly indicated :

Brand : Revell !

Is it true ?

Is it scratchbuilt  ?

Is it a scratchbuilt with a wish ?

Thanks for any info about this superb 1/32 kit and its author !

SharkOwl

Reference : https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=75398

7d54a08ff6613b2ca270934964bbe67d.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl

The model was entered as a composite - Revell Mirage III ( front end ) & Revell MiG29 (wings) plus scratchbuilt components...  but the manufacturer part of the entry form only shows the major branding.    Thanks for calling it superb !   - Les

Beautiful work, as always, Les. Have you released your Winjeel kit ?

Hubert

Thanks Hubert, re the Winjeel, no not as yet as some serious flaws in my master came to light. The wing root and chord are a couple of mm too thin horizontally and this has ramifications that require a rebuild.

Thanks Hubert, re the Winjeel, no not as yet as some serious flaws in my master came to light. The wing root and chord are a couple of mm too thin horizontally and this has ramifications that require a rebuild.

Ok. It's not like my stash is so depleted that I need absolutely, immediately, on-the-spot, to add my next project to it :) ...

Keep the good work

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

many many times ....I was ready to scratch a Mirage III into a F1, but at the end aborted it... My hopes are still there.... Hey Glen please do it at last..... :please:

0989135.jpg

Kitty Hawk said officially they will not produce a 1/32 Mirage F-1 in the future.

(this could be a good news)

Our best hope about it is most probably Revell Of Germany.

:hmmm:

SharkOwl

Kitty Hawk said officially they will not produce a 1/32 Mirage F-1 in the future.

(this could be a good news)

Our best hope about it is most probably Revell Of Germany.

:hmmm:

SharkOwl

Sorry, but I can't see how this could be good news, considering they had the project in their plans for a long time now ... That plans are changed (negatively) is not good news, whatever the manufacturer ...

Hubert

Sorry, but I can't see how this could be good news, considering they had the project in their plans for a long time now ... That plans are changed (negatively) is not good news, whatever the manufacturer ...

Hubert

I do not believe either that Revell will be produse it in the future (mid or near)... But hope never die....

I do not believe either that Revell will be produse it in the future (mid or near)... But hope never die....

We can also hope after their 1/32 Mirage IIIC and Mirage IIIE plus their superb 1/32 F-104G and future TF-104G, that if ITALERI keep on going

to expand its 1/32 ''Cold War'' Jet Fighter family, that a Mirage F-1 could be a very wise choice with worldwide appeal for the large scale modeller

market.

The very large sales they will make with their 1/32 F-35A could certainly permit them to finance a 1/32 Mirage F-1 mould !

:popcorn:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl