Aus Model Expo Pics

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

Awesome, thank you!

Pity your in Christchurch. I get over to Auckland frequently with work. Hey if you ever get over here for Model Expo I have a spare bed you can use.

Cheers,

Max

Guest Peterpools

I have a question regarding how an inflight model is judged against a model on it's gear, since a lot of the disqualifying issues with gear is not there. I'm quite interested in how the judges compare the aircraft; is it a case of which model had the least building mistakes? Please don't read anything into my question as to who should have won or what, I'm just very curious and interested in how the judges resolve the differences.

Peter

you judge what is presented, not hypotheticals. In IPMS, it often comes down to really nit-picking the smallest of details. Keep in mind, there are some over the top modelers out there, and that is what it comes down to for the top three. This is true in any completion, when judged at its best. When my son was doing hand to hand in boot camp, I reminded him, no matter how big, and bad you are, one day someone is going to hand you your lunch, and they may just be having a better day, THAT day.

Really love the Roland. was the Croatian mig-21 two-seater in 32nd scale or 48?

Been planning to build that one for awhile. I just need to make a mask for the numbers on the wings.

Also that zero was real lovely

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Great pictures.  Anyone know what kit that incredible Zundapp came from?  It looks absolutely real

Matt 

Tasca/Asuka 1/24 "Fallschirm Feldpost" Zündapp KS750 is what he called it on his FB page.

Gaz