Aus Model Expo Pics

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

Cool. All you have to do is hang around after 5pm on the Saturday and attend the judges briefing. If you are inexperienced in judging, you will be paired with an experienced judge. Also, Model Expo puts on free pizza and soft drink for dinner.

Thanks, I'm in for next year. We can catch up if you're there.

I have judged plenty, club and state level and whoever judged LSP jets dropped the ball. First and second places were right on, third maby right.The hornets got commended's when both had noticable issues. My Phantom got nix, nada.

I will normally take results as they come and not complain but have to say I was dudded

Mine was one of the Hornets, and I agree you were dudded. Still happy with my Commendation though.

Guest Maxim

That P-40N was certainly nice and I'm glad it won something. I not a Hornet fan but I did like the two on the table better than first place but that is purely from an aesthetic point of view.

IMG_1773-XL.jpg

Nice build ! SAAF 7111 was actually a Mk.IIA. She's still flying with the SAAF Museum and is known as "Nelson" for obvious reasons.

I envy you guys. At the local model meets we're lucky to get more than five 32nd scale kits on show.

I envy you guys. At the local model meets we're lucky to get more than five 32nd scale kits on show.

Agreed. Our local event (in September), usually only pulls in a half dozen or so large scale props, same for the big jets.

Oh my. Nice display. Some great aircraft in there. The Claude looks great. Is the late Mark Spitfire the PCM example? Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

Regards,

Troy

It's the Tamiya MK IX Troy. 

Wow, an inflight model actually took first place? I'm shocked! 

The P40N in that photo doesn't look as impressive as the others, but I'm judging from 1000km and a bad computer screen away.

Im hoping to be at AME next year and will redouble my efforts, thanks for those photos!