1to1scale

Build us a resin Val or Kate? Please?

Paul,

Any thoughts on putting together a resin 1/32 Val or Kate dive/torpedo bomber? Im not sure how many you have to make to make a profit, but I feel that it would be a good seller. You might even get a bunch of us to give you some development/preorder deposits. 

d3a-7a.jpg

B5N-Type-97-Carrier-Attack-Bomber-Kate.j

Oddly enough I have thought of it many, many times.

The notion that Hasegawa or perhaps Trumpeter will pop one out has always kept it from becoming more than a daydream.Why it hasn't happened yet I don't know. I have always liked the look of both aircraft and began gathering research materials back in the 1990's, but as I say, haven't done anything with it yet.

At some point I thought I had heard that Craftmasters up in Seattle were gonna do the Val, never seen any hardware though. What's even stranger is that none of the Japanese garage kit guys seem to have done either of them in 1/32. I dunno.......but it is a great idea.

One of the Polish manufacturers said something a while back about both of these in resin, but I haven't heard much lately. Unfortunately, it always seems that once you release a great resin kit or build an obscure vac form, some larger company releases something in injection molded plastic.

Good luck with any and all of your efforts, Paul. You make great stuff.

Tnarg

Either or both might stand a chance from a  resin manufacturer (with an appropriately hefty price tag), but don't hold your breath for plastic until 3D printing comes of age. Yes, I know that Pacific War fans would like to be able to complete the "Pearl Harbor/Midway Trio" in 1/32 but both the Val and Kate are just too "niche" for even Trumpeter to cut molds for.

I don't agree, I think these two are so iconic because of the Pearl Harbor connection, that they are definitely a good candidate for a good seller.

As interesting as those subjects are, Paul needs to do the North American FJ-4 Fury as the next full kit! That's right in his wheel house of 50-60's Navy/Marine Corps fighters. But first do some Skyray Marine Corps decals please.Now that I've graveled, we'll return to regular scheduled programed. Thanks.

Chuck

Guest Peterpools

Much rather have Vought Vindicator and a Douglas Devastor, but the reality seems to be slim for any of the four

Peter

Silver Wings have already listed both for future release.

Indeed, I was going to bring that up, for completely forgot where I heard those two were on a SW future release list