MH-47G 160th SOAR Nightstalkers . FINISHED

Dukie99

Thanks Zac, it is starting to take shape. I have now painted the interior in Gray and the coated in future in anticipation for weathering. I think the insulation does not look too shabby under a coat of paint.

i-PzTzJZt-L.jpg

i-bhpdjW4-L.jpg

the floor is dry fitted and I have some areas which need a bit more paint but it is encouraging to see some colors after all this prep work. I have started working on the live resin sets. Here are the two aft gun positions with the gun simply dry fitted. Super impressed by the quality of the Live Resin sets

i-2srsvb2-L.jpg

and the 1/1 item

i-j2CNqjm-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks you guys for the positive comments. Not a lot of progress in the last two weeks. I needed to take a break from working on the cargo hull and wanted to work on the cockpit. I have this idea of the bird minutes before launch with a full crew getting ready. To me this means that the five large MFDs on the IP need to be powered up and show something. Problem is that the conversion comes without any decal and there is no other suitable AM decals. So I decided to print my own (a first for me) using as a basis images of MH47G cockpit found on the net and resized to fit the 0.4 by 0.6mm of the MFDs in 1/35. Here is the result, I don't know how much will be seen on the final product, but I am quite happy with this:

i-3CgLjF8-L.jpg.

Only the MFDs are my own decals, the other decals are from Airscale. Hopefully next update I will be able to show you the cockpit with the pilots installed.

Cheers,

David

Thanks Guys. Not a ton of progress this week-end, the weather was too nice to stay inside. Cockpit is almost done with pilot and copilot getting ready for the mission. I need to add some night vision goggles in the up position, right now the sun is setting over the Indu Kush...

i-vg3QDhp-L.jpg

i-sxhkQKG-L.jpg

i-kqxxSq7-L.jpg

i-x2ZZDsw-L.jpg

i-nwBtmxs-L.jpg

I am happy with the figures for a first try. Two down, five to go...

Cheers,

David