MH-47G 160th SOAR Nightstalkers . FINISHED

Dukie99

Guest Maxim

It's a start and doesn't matter how slow it is and better to get it correct. A start is a start and progress will speed up as you get into it.

Making slow progress. I started work on the cargo bay. I decided to install all the inside ribing provided in the cobra company detail set. Most of it will be eventually hidden behind the insulation cover, but still some of it will be seen. Lots of work though cleaning these resin parts then straightening them in hot water before fitting and glueing.

The initial former

i-CcSW5VZ-L.jpg

After cleaning

i-sgtrsBg-L.jpg

After lots of cleaning

i-d2zgK9m-L.jpg

Former glued and dry fit of the cargo floor

i-qTFrHpD-L.jpg

i-qgqdcM7-L.jpg

A lot more to do but that's a start to a very busy hull.

and one motivation shot

i-m7XvJSX-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Guys, thank you for the kind words. I am working steadily on this one and I am enjoying myself. Lots of parts clean-up and preparatory work for various assemblies. I made a start on the engines, continued installing formers in the cargo hull and working on adding details to the ramp area. I have also started working on the cockpit and trying to understand how to make the Reedoak figures in there. I am using the blackhawk pilot and co-pilot and they are molded sitting on some nifty looking armored seats. These seats are probably inaccurate for the MH-47G but I don't know for sure because these birds are heavily modded from one bird to the other. Removing the pilots from the seats is not really an option so I will the pilots as molded, but this means I need to make a custom seat holder because these seats being slightly wider than the kit seats or the WW seats, I cannot use the kit or the conversion seat holders. I made a start on the seat holder and mocked up the cockpit to how it looks (everything is dry fitted). I think this will look eventually great if I don't botch the figures.

i-kL4mJ6z-L.jpg

i-93FnQNR-L.jpg

I am leaving on Saturday with my kids for three weeks of vacation in North Carolina, so there will be no progress for a while on the big bird.

Cheers,

David