MH-47G 160th SOAR Nightstalkers . FINISHED

Dukie99

Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot. I love the GB format because it usually gives me the push to tackle projects that would otherwise not start or postpone "until my skills improve enough" (i.e. sometimes in the very distant future once I am retired) and it is super motivating to see the other builds in the GB going on and the feedback of the members is always helpful. On this build, I was not aware of the vacform cockpit windows until one member (Norbert, who also makes the wonderful Reedoak figures I used for the pilots and ramp crew chief) mentioned its existence and that feedback definitely improved my build.

For the wipers, the kit's ones did not fit and did not look good, I would need to scratch build some.

For the Desert GB, I will continue my F-15I Raam. I restarted the project last night and will post progress pictures soon. My goal is to have it finished by the time the multi-engine GB starts, as I find it difficult to tackle two complex project at the same time (plus I will need space on the bench:)).

Cheers,

David 

Wonderful work.  One of the best builds I’ve seen in a long time.  

How are you going to store this beast?    Taking off the rotors?    That’s what did in my Mi-8, the damned thing was so big, it got bumped into on it’s shelf and totaled.  

On 11/15/2018 at 6:24 PM, blackbetty said:

very inspiring, i have to get one of these....

Thank you Blackbetty. It is a great conversion, but it is OOP, I was lucky enough to find a package on eBay about a year ago with the conversion, the Trumpeter kit, live resin goodies and the Cobra interior detail. I hate to admit it but I paid just below 500 dollars for the whole thing but it was worth it. Before the ebay purchase, I exchanged email with Werner wings about another production run, but it never materialized.

44 minutes ago, John1 said:

Wonderful work.  One of the best builds I’ve seen in a long time.  

How are you going to store this beast?    Taking off the rotors?    That’s what did in my Mi-8, the damned thing was so big, it got bumped into on it’s shelf and totaled.  

Thank you John. I am lucky enough to have a custom display cabinet which is deep enough to accommodate all my helos. It is actually the Mi-8 which has the largest rotor. It fits but barely, on the other hand the MH-47G fits just fine rotor wise, but it takes a lot of space with the refueling boom.

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 4:33 PM, John1 said:

Amazing work.  Congrats on completing such an involved project!   I hope you will find a suitable place to display this beast (If you reside in the general area, maybe contact the Regiment and see if they would want her)?

Thank you John, you are very kind. Thankfully I have a large enough cabinet although I would love to give her to the Regiment, but living in Switzerland, they are not exactly next door. Now if somebody had the great idea to come up with a conversion to build the stealth Blackhawk used on the bin laden raid, i would be a happy man.

Cheers,

David

1 hour ago, Dukie99 said:

Thank you John, you are very kind. Thankfully I have a large enough cabinet although I would love to give her to the Regiment, but living in Switzerland, they are not exactly next door. Now if somebody had the great idea to come up with a conversion to build the stealth Blackhawk used on the bin laden raid, i would be a happy man.

Cheers,

David

Lol.   Might get damaged going from Switzerland to Ft Campbell.    

I am also waiting to see pics finally released of that “ghosthawk” (supposedly there is an even more advanced version that wasn’t used on the OBL raid).    

On another website someone posted a pic of a test Blackhawk that had some stealth mods incorporated (front aspect only) and then quickly took it down.   All I can say is that it was the world’s ugliest helo!  

Again, great work on this model!

John