HE-219 Revell 1/32

Shawn M

you'll love the kit Bill, overall well engineered.

Dan just hold your horses mister! :p

I took photos last night, will post them this evening. I got the windscreen dipped in future for its addition.

Need to make sure its all clean and tidy up there before I add it as there is NO way to reach into that area once its sealed up.

Update- no pics yet but soon as they're on the camera

windscreen fitted

both seats installed

rescribing of lost detail has begun on the fuse

canopies polished and dipped in Future

final seam filling on the fuse is completed

Figures assembled and ready for primer

Edited by Shawn M

4 hours ago, Shawn M said:

Thanks Tex!

Im going to attempt the NASM UHU scheme, it'll probably kill my compressor though LOL

It does take some airbrushing I did an overall RLM 76 finish and boy did it take a long time, I also had to change paint tins during the job and the new tin was slightly different to the original, I also came to the conclusion that it would have been easier to paint the fuselage and wings separately, as it was it took a couple of days to complete it. The mottling took about 7 hours to do as well, but it was worth it.

I also was attracted to the NASM scheme but this was after I'd finished my paint job so I left well alone.

Cheers

Dennis

I hear Ya Dennis, Im toying with using rattle cans for the base colors.

I plan on keeping the wings, tail and fuse all separate for paint work as it looks like this is how the NASM example is and was painted.

Andy and Max thank you!

After further test fitting I needed to add some spreader sprue to the nacelles to avoid a larger then needed gap at the flap/fillet are. The rest fits like a glove.

I had to redip a canopy section last night after it dried in a speckled manner.

The crew is ready for primer and the fuse is ready to finish the scribing and then I can rescribe the nacelles and wings then mate those two together.

Hoping for some model time this weekend. 

Watch out for the weights, the instructions call for 70g in the fuselage and 25g in the engine nacelles, I put 80g in the fuselage and 30g in the nacelles but I still ended up with a tail sitter, I had to add another 38g in the nose wheel bay and it just about made it.

Cheers

Dennis