HPH Ta-154 A-0, TQ-XE - FINISHED!!!

Jan_G

My kit is twisted too, I didn't notice until I glued on the main wings and was doing a symmetry check, I thought I could live with it but seeing your fix done has gotten the inspiration going in me to revisit the kit and use your example to straighten mine.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, AceofClubs said:

Hi Jan very nice!

How did you made so clear pics?

Ciao

Filippo

Thanks Filippo! regarding the pics, shooting all photos in RAW. I'm using basic Canon 100D camera with 18-55mm lens and tripod. Manual set up - auto white balance, ISO 100, aperture F22 and playing only with shutter speed. Using gloss flipchart paper as a background. And enough light is the key.

jan

On 11/5/2018 at 7:50 PM, dennismcc said:

This is looking great, I must admit that faced with the twisted fuselage problem I probably would not have been brave enough to cut the tail off and put it back on straight, but you made a fine job of it, and the cockpits look fantastic.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, chrish said:

My kit is twisted too, I didn't notice until I glued on the main wings and was doing a symmetry check, I thought I could live with it but seeing your fix done has gotten the inspiration going in me to revisit the kit and use your example to straighten mine.

Thanks guys for your kind words! really apreciate.

at the end it wasn't hard to fix the tail. Because of wooden construction there are no panel lines to be aligned. At the end just a little filler and sanding was needed to get fine alignment

jan

i-RjzJqSZ.jpg

Edited by Jan_G

small update

fuselage filled and sanded, now I will rescribe the lost panel lines, just a few of them fortunately :)

i-2rdpTW3.jpg

i-9CkFWM9.jpg

fit of the engine nacelles with wings was better than I was expecting. Epoxy glue used as a filler, now I need to sand it a little and rescribe some lost panel lines

undercarriage struts are almost not visible wihin the nacelles. I'm not following intructions currently because want to add main undercarriage legs at the end of the painting process.

i-X3bdFGD.jpg

i-J2TKmnH.jpg

i-nZfFQWJ.jpg

i-NPxJLqG.jpg

thanks for looking

jan

2 hours ago, Shawn M said:

nice Jan, coming together well.

What scheme are you planning, or have I overlooked it?

Thanks Shawn! 

I'm doing the initial TQ-XE scheme which was provided in kit. I think that this is only one night fighter scheme well covered with several pics.  

i-bQw4fBQ.jpg

I always liked the menacing stance of this aircraft.  Looking fantastic so far Jan.  I also admire your courage on cutting off the tail to get her lined up.   Brilliant fix and solution going on there.  

Looking forward to more progress pic’s.  

Troy 

On 11/16/2018 at 3:55 PM, Troy Molitor said:

I always liked the menacing stance of this aircraft.  Looking fantastic so far Jan.  I also admire your courage on cutting off the tail to get her lined up.   Brilliant fix and solution going on there.  

Thanks a lot Troy for your kind words! really apreciate it

jan

• 2 weeks later...

painting process in progress

everything first sprayed with Tamiya Fine white surfacer and corrected with MRP filler and resprayed again (couple of times actually :rolleyes:)

Then I got this dilemma regarding what RLM 76 to use. First I have started with MRP but it looked to me too greenish - blueish.

So I sprayed the whole model with Mr.Color version but it appeared to me too dark and too greyish. So I went back to MRP and resprayed the whole model again.

For undersides I have dded some darker shades (mixture of MR P76 and thinned smoke) and some lighter shades for metal panels (original color mixed with white). And I don't care anymore if its good shade or not :D

i-NrVV5Zc.jpg

i-sVP6ssD.jpg

i-Mq4DXKF.jpg

i-tRRNcKk.jpg

flaps and wheel bays covers together with completed undercarriage legs in painting process

i-mgsHrVn.jpg

canopy painted from both sides

i-mRVdzRp.jpg

wheels with some pigmnets

i-8j8z3Tz.jpg

engines and antennas ready for weathering

i-rphqCkL.jpg

i-r63cRVM.jpg

Thanks for looking

jan