Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

The weekend should see her finished Daniel, with crossed fingers and a fair wind, if you know what I mean! :rolleyes: The final, final diorama won't be completed by then because I have a couple of maintenance vehicles and some mechanics to make/paint, but I hope to be able to do enough to give a sense of how she'll look. Another post-Christmas family visit today though.....:wacko:

A major fly just dropped into the ointment! DPD/Hannants between them have conspired to delay the delivery of my MG81 barrels till some time on Monday cutting it rather fine for completion! Some Luftwaffe experts have stated that Schnaufer dispensed with his rear firing armament thereby spacing weight in favour of extra speed and using Gansler as a "viermot" and Mosquito spotter, so I have a possible historical compromise for not fitting the guns, though the photograph I've posted elsewhere in this built of G9+EF clearly shows the MGs fitted at that point. I'll wait and see what happens on Monday. :shrug:

Lovely build, interesting and informative from the beginning.  Just a thought... as your aircraft is undergoing maintenance, could you not simply reason that the missing armament has been removed for same "sorry, Guv, they're still with the armourer", for the sake of the GB? Then construct a bench, trestle or some such object showing them waiting to be re-fitted, once your barrels arrive?  Think of the fun you'd have, scratching maintenance tags etc :)

• mozart changed the title to Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45
1 hour ago, mozart said:

Great thought Sepp, though without the maintenance tags!! :whistle:  Welcome to the Forum by the way, and where the heck is Lloegr.....land of the red dragon?

Thanks!  Been lurking here, quietly impressed, for a loooong time, but I've recently bought a little something to have a play with and we're currently weighing each other up over the bench, lol.

Lloegr (also Lloegyr) is basically anywhere southeast of a line roughly between the Severn and Humber estuaries ... excluding Devon and Cornwall.  :)

Anyhoo, back to the show!

Very nearly there!  Been at the bench all day doing a multitude of different jobs from decalling the frame numbers along the fuselage to scratch building aerials and FuG arrays.  I'm waiting to see what time the MG barrels turn up tomorrow before making any decisions about fitting them or not, lunchtime is probably my cut-off time because I need to get the Schrage Muzik fitted plus the final canopies and aerial wires.  It's difficult enough to handle right now with delicate bits sticking out everywhere, it increases enormously tomorrow! 

ltso9C.jpg

5YyMXE.jpg

4cB0Qd.jpg

It's curious how the camera makes some of the FuG220 arrays seem droopy: they're not!! :wacko: