Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

14 hours ago, monthebiff said:

You are not wrong there Max, I have so many in the stash and not sure what to go for yet? WW I or WW 2, props or jets :hmmm:

Regards Andy 

A Lancaster, Mosquito or another Bf110 are possibilities for me, but the strongest call is coming from my Anson vacuform, I'm pretty confident there won't be another one in the GB! 

Getting some bits of the SM prepared.  The white bits are 2mm rod x 12mm long, supposed to represent some kind of (pneumatic) reservoir on the cannons.  I noticed in John's instructions that he'd had an issue with these reservoirs because he had to shave some off where they fouled the bulkhead, so in anticipation I pared off a raised part on the cannon:

qiBiQa.jpg

More progress with the SM, all's going quite well so far so I'm.....:unsure: cautiously optimistic :hmmm: I plan to assemble this a s a complete unit, paint and detail it and then fit it in position.  I've dry fitted the cannon and the angle looks about right though I won't know for sure until the canopy is on of course.  There's a little wriggle room but not much:

BCbnoi.jpg

As some light relief I've made a start with the wheels.  The kit ones are fine but I already had these Airwaves ones from when I was intending to build the Revell G4, so they are now cleaned up and have a coat of black primer on them:

JYedvO.jpg

Edited by mozart

1 hour ago, monthebiff said:

Coming along rather nicely Max, fuselage halves together, canopy fitted and it's all the tricky stuff finished !

Regards.Andy 

That will happen over the weekend Andy, not the final canopy fit though, lots of masking to do on that as you'll know! I hope to get the wings and tailplane fitted too so that I can at least get a coat of primer down. I've been practising my "mottling skills" on an old Hurricane, RLM 74 and 76 from memory.....light blue and grey violet. 

12 minutes ago, chrish said:

looks great Max! lots of stuff to fit in a very small space and everything has to fit coinciding with each other piece and no specific order in the instructions...looks like you got it though!

By the way, what is the next GB?

Yes it's incredibly tight Chris isn't it? I'm pleased with how it's worked out though it's taken a couple of weeks. Makes life easier for the 110F that's coming soon. The next GB is a multi-engined build, any era, to celebrate LSPs 20th anniversary, and it's lasting all year! Starts in January I think. 

Thanks Max!

multi engines...that’s a large open field these days in 32nd scale!

should see a large turnout that one!

Back to the 110, it’s just through observation by looking at your pictures and a bit of memory with my model but the angle and spacing on your SM’s looks really close... if not right on! 

I drilled a hole in the bottoms of mine and a hole in the kit floor and pinned them with wire to allow a bit of flex (I always try to hedge my bets) but I think yours will be right on.

9 hours ago, chrish said:

Back to the 110, it’s just through observation by looking at your pictures and a bit of memory with my model but the angle and spacing on your SM’s looks really close... if not right on! 

I drilled a hole in the bottoms of mine and a hole in the kit floor and pinned them with wire to allow a bit of flex (I always try to hedge my bets) but I think yours will be right on.

Well I hope so Chris, I've done as much test fitting as I can and I know that both angle and spacing are critical, so it's going to be a heart-stopping moment when I finally get to slip the canopy into place! I thought about pinning my cannons as both you and Andy did but decided against it in the end. There's some slight movement possible, but we'll see!