Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

I think I've probably done as much as I can on the starboard engine, I've added the "cut out" strips between each exhaust stub.  There are different configurations for this panel and there is no definitive evidence of what it was on G9+EF, but the detail in the third picture suggests a strip immediately behind the first stub and if that's the case then it will be behind each one - and nobody's going to tell me that's not so unless they've got photographs of G9+EF that nobody else has seen!

rfYoD2.jpg

kbn6ma.jpg

kl3oK2.jpg

Thanks Andy. I've spent several hours today sorting out all the plastic, resin and metal bits that go into the cockpit assembly, including reading through parts of your build. Your advice about taking time to read and understand John's instructions is so important, but you've made life easier. Hopefully I can contribute a little more with this thread. 

9 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Surprised after all of the excitement of the Aims release we have a total of 2 WIP threads on LSP!

Regards.Andy 

Yes. I was thinking that only yesterday as I was beavering away, disappeared into stashes I guess? 

10 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

That’s two that the carpet monster will not get, i bet they tried to escape. Looking forward to more, this is such a cool build.

Cheers,

David

I often wear an apron when modelling so that if small bits slip out of my fingers or off the end of the bench, they drop onto the apron rather than the carpet. But with these two brackets I paid extra special attention David! 

Max, I'm sure you are aware of this tip, but in case not: have you thought about getting some large freezer type clear poly bags? Large enough to get your hands (and the part plus your cutting or bending tool inside). Then you could cut and bend the pe parts inside them to minimise small part loss. Mind you, I would imagine that bending those little bad boys was tricky enough on the bench, let alone on the bench inside a poly bag. :)

Loving the build!  Those Eberspacher exhausts look excellent.

Padraic

Thanks Padraic, that's a good tip but I really don't think it would work for items this small and where hand movement to get "the right angle" is essential, talking of which:

w3URbW.jpg

QXpNLJ.jpg

This assembly is the result of quite a lot of head scratching and thought; I offer the pictures and comments to future builders not because the assembly is necessarily right but because this is my interpretation of John's occasionally cryptic instructions!  In particular, of Item 90 his instruction sheet shows a photograph of PE90 sitting in the (base) angle of Item 54 accompanied by the comment "add at the top of PE54 and not as shown".  So I don't know if my positioning is correct, it's my reasoning but I could well be wrong. His steps instructions also states "6. fold and attach PE60 to PE33 and 54" - PE60 is part of the rear machine gun so I suspect this is a typo/error but I don't know what it should be, there's nothing obvious. Onward and upward!!

More (possibly demented) ramblings about the rear weapons' assembly as I see it!:

t7Qbz6.jpg

RadOTq.jpg

And the real thing for reference:
vfrpEX.jpg

The picture shows the circular connectors on the top plate and the cables running from them to.........?

Edited by mozart