Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow, excellent Max! 

I cant remember what if you already mentioned or not, did you purchase one of John's resin canopies?

Thanks Brian, I'm really enjoying this build and our weather at the moment isn't good enough for being outside, so plenty of bench time available! Yes I did get the resin canopy, frame moulding is a bit "soft" if I'm honest but it's better than vac I think. Masking inside and out is my next job. :(

Masked up* and primer on, followed by a quick rub down with a fine sanding stick.  All's looking good except:

Y2NU0r.jpg
u6XBLS.jpg

*guess which dipstick forgot to mask the windows in the nacelles!! :wacko:
QuMY7o.jpg

Fortunately using my method of Krystal Clear I think I'll be able to re-do them after painting's finished.  Honestly, if I had a brain I'd be dangerous. 

Planning to get the base coat RLM 76 Lichtblau down tomorrow and may start a bit of mottling.  In anticipation of painting I've spent a couple of hours designing and cutting the stencils:

xFKLES.jpg

Sadly no clear photograph exists of Schnaufer's famous G9+EF so its exact colour scheme is speculative, I'm going along these lines:

di0Jd8.jpg

Edited by mozart

Cheers Torben, it's easy to miss things on LSP, so many wonderful items to read and admire. I'm looking forward to the painting stage but I have to remind myself that the build is still far from finished, so many bits have to be added yet. Onwards, onwards.......!! :) 

Thanks Dany, a tribute to a magnificent machine I hope.  Talking of which, I'm working on Henri Daehne's truly magnificent propellers; the mouldings are absolutely clean and pin sharp, the detail remarkable even down to the reduction gears:

cdF96b.jpg

XNqdBP.jpg

jtY99C.jpg

wvDPme.jpg

I'm not a "spinning prop" fan so the starboard one will be firmly glued in place.  Part of the port one will probably be laying around somewhere whilst the engine change is in progress! 

Edited by mozart