Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

I have no problem with the lacquer smell to be honest though I guess some people may find it quite strong.  I can imagine when doing a large surface, like the Lancaster for example that it could be a problem but I'd spray in shorter sessions.  Just open a window a smidgeon and it's ok.  The quality of the finish and ease of use is well worth any slight discomfort from the fumes for a short while.

Thanks Kev and Alain. I did it much more quickly than anticipated, about half an hour I think. It was critical keeping the trigger pressure constant on the airbrush but I found I could move easily from one patch to another without messing up just by pulling the a/b back from the surface a little. Hoping to get some markings on today, pouring down outside so good for modelling! :)

Just caught up with this one Max: amazing work, you have infinitely more patience and sheer skill than I do.  Looking forward to seeing completion. :goodjob: (For once that emoji-thing seems quite inadequate).

OK my friends, a question for all you Experten!!  This is the linkage mechanism on Hendon's Bf110G4 which closes the undercarriage doors.  It is prominent enough in our scale, yet I've never seen it modelled.  I attempted to do it on my Bf110E, tried different methods and different materials but never came up with a satisfactory solution, I ended up with a very rudimentary couple of metal strips.  I'm still pondering for this latest build and still no closer to an answer, any thoughts fellas??

AFFWOH.jpg

3 minutes ago, j ferguson said:

Is that what it appears to be?  A cup with a drain line to make sure that whatever would otherwise leak on the tire (tyre?) will go somewhere else.  Germans are so creative with no problem unsolved and then usually with clever designs.  I wonder how many other things d in like this can be found in this plane.

Yes, exactly that, but I'm not sure it always worked: 

w7uC7y.jpg

I would attempt using stretched sprue, if you don't have very small diameter rod. The biggest problem seems to me to be how to attach it to the doors and undercarriage leg braces.

I have the Squadron Walkaround that has a few useful photos of that area, if you're interested.

Alain

That was one of my first attempts Alain, it kind of worked but not well enough for me, we're looking at about 12mm door to door. I've drilled the front edge of each door and put in wire pins so these are the main ttachment points. Not sure where the springs are going to attach. 

its actually designed to capture dripped oil and lubricate the gear swing hinges when retracted, as pointed out it wasn't always the most effective.

I was going to replicate this detail as well. carve down some sprue to make "the cup" and hollow it out a bit, the rest is wire or styrene.

Its mounted to the gear leg, the rest of the cables springs etc are for the gear doors.