Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

1 hour ago, monthebiff said:

Bit of a pain that Max, think I tacked the ammo boxes in place for a test fit of everything together and then fitted the Morse unit in place so didn't have that issue.  Nice recovery though!

Regards. Andy

I didn't have the foresight to do that Andy!  Live and learn!

At last a bit of solid progress with putting some of the sub-assemblies into place.  It took me a while to work out the position of the ammunition feed, represented by the elastic band (I replaced my original band because I thought it was too thick).  Again, the position of the ammunition box is critical, I found out by trial and error that the aft end must pretty much butt up against where the Bordfunker's cross-cockpit seat support goes.  Any further forward and the feed chute will foul the Bordfunker's display.

7F9tKl.jpg

4MHhs6.jpg

I attached the lower (machine gun) end of the chute to the slot on the gun then when firmly set glued the ammo box in place.

VtM6ot.jpg

It's already looking rather busy!

2 hours ago, JeffH said:

Stunning work Max. Keep at it!

Thanks Jeff, I'll try though it's certainly testing my patience right now (see below!) :(

9 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Looking good Max, it's super right getting everything squeezed in there isn't it. Your nearly there though!

Regards  Andy

Hmmm, impossibly tight might be a better description Andy!!  I've got to the point with the port ammunition box and feed where a "pragmatic compromise" has become necessary because despite a good half hour trying, I just can't get it all to fit, just TOO tight.  The box needs to be far enough forward to make room for the Bordfunker seat support, it needs to be far enough inboard to allow for the thicker cable-run trunking along the inner port cockpit wall, but the ammo chute also needs to clear the Bordfunkers' instruments, and I can't get it all to fit without a slight bodge!  So the ammo chute has been disconnected at the lower end, the box glued in place (the critical bit) and tomorrow when all is firmly set I'll ease the chute into as close to its original position as I can get it, given that it's not terribly visible anyway!  

16 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

nice work Max, keep at it

Im taking notes!

I've leaned pretty heavily on Andy's build Shawn, but I guess each of us brings our own problems and solutions so your build should be a breeze!! :)  By the way, when I was at Telford I bought 3 ZM figures, 2 pilots and a Bordfunker - all sold as either Uhu or Dornier 335 crew but what matters, except the Bordfunker has a high tech oxygen mask on so I'll have to replace his head when I do my Bf110F!

Talking of problems/solutions:

MuHIw3.jpg

but it doesn't notice:

A2YN8w.jpg

KCUmT3.jpg

Just dust off and then the small matter of the Schrage Muzik fit now! :frantic::wacko:

Edited by mozart

Had a look at what I did Max and it is super tight, those feed chutes are really not very noticable low down , also be careful as if I remember I had some very slight  fit issue's when the fuselage halves went together due to the tightness of the internal cockpit sides.

20180302-135055.jpg

If you look carefully you can see a slight curve to the port side wall when you compare it to the starboard, It all fitted in the endwith a little swearing in between!

Regards. Andy

Cheers Andy, I was a little apprehensive about possible knock on fit problems with sidewalls and fuselage halves so I did a test fit, all appears ok at the moment!  I'm hoping to determine the SM position tomorrow, I've taped the aft cockpit section in place with one cannon fitted, more tomorrow I hope.