Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

Thanks Chris, really enjoyed today and made quite a lot of progress - more pictures tomorrow when the light is better.  As you'll know, there are so many independent elements to this build, and most relying on accurate positioning to ensure the next part goes smoothly so it's the measure thrice, cut once mantra! 

By the way all, isn't it good to see half a dozen builds still active this late in a GB!

Edited by mozart

A few shots of my weekend's fun - most of the elements of the cockpit are complete, sans wiring in a place or two and of course excepting the dreaded SM assembly, but I feel that I can start to put some of this into position now:

Dkchwd.jpg
MzogDm.jpg
j9nQID.jpg
aAsbqj.jpg
dfDrWl.jpg
dCzGP2.jpg
Ec1YAq.jpg

Edited by mozart

21 hours ago, mozart said:

Thanks Chris, really enjoyed today and made quite a lot of progress - more pictures tomorrow when the light is better.  As you'll know, there are so many independent elements to this build, and most relying on accurate positioning to ensure the next part goes smoothly so it's the measure thrice, cut once mantra! 

By the way all, isn't it good to see half a dozen builds still active this late in a GB!

I like your mantra... I constantly forget to look far enough ahead though... or I look ahead but in the wrong direction!

youre making great progress (I envy your abilities) the cabin area is coming along great and once done all your finished sub assemblies will build up fast I believe.

I better finish my morning coffee and get back to work on mine or it’ll be left in the dust on the bench while everyone else finishes!

35 minutes ago, chrish said:

I like your mantra... I constantly forget to look far enough ahead though... or I look ahead but in the wrong direction!

youre making great progress (I envy your abilities) the cabin area is coming along great and once done all your finished sub assemblies will build up fast I believe.

I better finish my morning coffee and get back to work on mine or it’ll be left in the dust on the bench while everyone else finishes!

The trouble is Chris that sometimes I look so far ahead that I become confused or indecisive about what's best to do next, then modelling can become a real chore.  We'll just keep plugging away and hope to finish in time, otherwise it will become a WiP thread! 

17 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

Max this is looking great my friend

Thanks Shawn!  I'm hoping to buy a set of Zoukei Mura Luftwaffe flight crew at Telford next weekend ready for the Bf110F that I have planned. I love Bf110s!! :blush:

27 minutes ago, chrish said:

........ really add scale and theme to the models...every kit maker should offer figures? 

Most definitely, I try to include at least one figure in all my builds/dioramas.  I think it helps to give some life to an inanimate lump of metal that is an aeroplane!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Playmates......I'm still here quietly plugging away in a feeble attempt to get the G4 finished before the end date, though realistically this isn't going to happen.  I've spent a LOT of time detailing the cockpit areas, and I'm hoping that this is nearly completed, but as a relief from the tedium of wires I whacked a bit of RLM02 onto the empty engine bay, followed by some Flory dark dirt:

cqWLaG.jpg

One or two of the items that have been demanding so much attention:

o3nZ9z.jpg

Getting there......slowly! :shrug:

Nice to see some more progress Max, that engine fire wall looks splendid! Pleased to see you have been addingball that wiring to the lower sub assembly. I really enjoyed ending all that extra wiring etc and it definitely adds a lot to the finished cockpit.

Regards.Andy 

Thanks Andy and Shawn.  My inner demons make me do all that extra work......if I know it's there, it has to go in!! :)

A minor difficulty with the port wall area, not enough space for the ammo box (?) underneath the SchK13/morse unit:

99gdHA.jpg

VzzKxq.jpg

so out came the razor saw, off came the PE bits and the adjustment was made:

CPIPhV.jpg

Such is life!