Bf110G4 NJG4 1944/45 FINISHED!!!!! YIPPEE.

mozart

15 hours ago, mozart said:

Spent a somewhat frustrating couple of hours this afternoon checking references and photographs; I decided that I had positioned the framework slightly too far forward because pictures show bunches of blue cabling coming up in front of it from, presumably the backs of the Bordfunker's displays. So out with the fine razor saw, a bit of judicious surgery and the frame stuck in its proper place. I also made a small anonymous box which sits in front of the frame but behind the pilot's seat. Progress but not a lot! :) 

Nice progress Max, I did just the same as you and had to do a little re-positioning to allow room for the cables to be run down, I guess its starting to get all a little tight now you are getting down to adding the detail stuff, the Revi sight is a real pain to get into position as I remember!

That resin canopy looks nice Max, how does the clarity of it stand up next to the kit clear parts out of interest?

Regards. Andy

Yes, not looking forward to the PE Revi mount and sight Andy. Part of the dilemma for me is when to paint things, I think you did pretty much the whole assembly first didn't you? I feel the need to get painting soon! The resin canopy is "clearly" (pun intended) easier to work with than the vac ones, clarity is ok but more distortion on some areas. Mine's going to be open so not too much of a problem. 

Edited by mozart

This is the wonderful Mr Paint Andy.  I painted the seat silver (enamel), sprayed RLM66 over it, then lightly sanded back.  The IP and FuG arrays are a Mr Paint base with brush painted Model Color dials etc.  I've annealed the PE seatbelts and primed them, I'll paint them up tomorrow to see what they look like.  I usually use RB Productions paper ones but thought I'd give the PE ones a go for a change.

A bit of retrospective work on one of the FuG units, John provides a PE face for the top middle which I missed yesterday, I also missed because it's not shown in the instructions, though I seem to recall that Andy mentioned it recently, that there are decals for all the instruments on the IP and some features of the FuG units, not at all clear when you look at the decal sheet, it's not the numbers in black but dials by each in white:

626xrp.jpg

The old face shaved off (Ha, I wish!) ready for the new one, which is actually already two bits of PE glued together:

LeAs4k.jpg

In position and the decals alongside for the FuG units:

pHxhHm.jpg

Edited by mozart

Thanks David, the hand is 70 years old but having led a saintly life -_- it's still quite steady! :innocent:  I've got a day of modelling ahead of me today, my better half is off to the theatre with some girlfriends so peace and tranquility beckons!!  I'm very keen to move this build on, minutiae has taken its toll at times.

Working on the aft cockpit area today, starting with the starboard panel.  As Andy noted, the lower PE part 37 is marginally too deep by 1mm or so and needs trimming to get a good fit between the floor and panel (mine's just taped so ignore the gap!!).  All else is fine.

LHx58d.jpg