Rules of the Road

Welcome to the In the Pale Moonlight Group Build! This covers any aircraft from any era that was primarily engaged in night operations, and runs from 1 June 2018 to 30 November 2018.

The standard GB eligibility rules apply, meaning the subject has to be an LSP kit, and not more than 25% complete at the time of entry.

If you have any questions, ask away!

And don't forget to have fun.

Kev

Edited by LSP_Kevin
Corrected end date.

I thought it was running till the end of December?

Oops! Got my sums wrong - it should actually be the end of November (6 months = June, July, August, September, October, November). Will amend accordingly.

Kev

Oops! Got my sums wrong - it should actually be the end of November (6 months = June, July, August, September, October, November). Will amend accordingly.

Kev

Great, thanks Kev!

Do I need a thread for each if I decided to do more than one He 219?

That's really up to you. If you're doing them at the same time, describing them in the same thread makes sense. But if you're doing them back-to-back in serial fashion, then a thread for each would be more appropriate.

Kev

That's really up to you. If you're doing them at the same time, describing them in the same thread makes sense. But if you're doing them back-to-back in serial fashion, then a thread for each would be more appropriate.

Kev

Thanks Kev.  Planning on doing three at once. Maybe

This might be a stretch, looking at a Swordfish in 815 SQ markings. Used on night operations in the Med. Black bellied with normal upper surfaces. Can i have a yes or no judgement on this one, please?

Don

I'd say it's a yes, great choice of scheme and something I'd really like to see.

Jamie Haggo did a lovely 1/72 in similar markings a few years ago  http://s3.zetaboards.com/locate_and_cement/topic/7552156/1/

I'd say it's a yes, great choice of scheme and something I'd really like to see.

Jamie Haggo did a lovely 1/72 in similar markings a few years ago  http://s3.zetaboards.com/locate_and_cement/topic/7552156/1/

That is a nice build!! It's in the Taranto scheme. I'm looking to do a later time frame when they were land based (1942-1943). Camo pattern would be the same, though the Taranto birds were MK1., i'm planning on a MK2 build.

Don

Several squadrons used Swordfish at night and I think the Mk III at Duxford is in it's night time U boat hunting scheme?

I had to do a search on that one, It is a swordfish that was used for night maritime strike on patrol boats, U-boats and midget subs. Also was the only RAF squadrons to fly the swordfish.  Apparently there are a few Swordfish squadrons that were night attackers. I'll do a Swordfish, will look around first to see what other squadrons flew at night before I commit to a scheme.

Don