USAAF pilots/crew figures for PTO

TimW

So where the heck are they?

I've found maybe 1 or 2 suitable figures, but everything else is a glut of ETO/MTO figures.

This is really frustrating, especially if you're doing a P-40 or P-39.

There any figure lines out there I'm unaware of?

Frustrating!

Tim W.

...or a glut of Luftwaffe. Seems like you can get everything down to a Luftwaffe payroll clerk, or a self-propelled Bavarian espresso maker signed by Hans Ulrich Rudel...but an RAF engine mechanic, or Second World War Fleet Air Arm pilot, or an RAF tractor...nope. And yes, with some of the subjects released lately, some USAAF PTO pilots and crew, and ground equipment would be very helpful. 1950s stuff would be nice too.

I guess it's a matter of economics and demand, and support from us, but there are lots of holes in the selection of figures. I suppose it's also not our money being invested in creating molds and manufacturing. Figure painting is a different skill, but they do add a lot to a model and bring them alive.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

...or a glut of Luftwaffe. Seems like you can get everything down to a Luftwaffe payroll clerk, or a self-propelled Bavarian espresso maker signed by Hans Ulrich Rudel...but an RAF engine mechanic, or Second World War Fleet Air Arm pilot, or an RAF tractor...nope. And yes, with some of the subjects released lately, some USAAF PTO pilots and crew, and ground equipment would be very helpful. 1950s stuff would be nice too.

I guess it's a matter of economics and demand, and support from us, but there are lots of holes in the selection of figures. I suppose it's also not our money being invested in creating molds and manufacturing. Figure painting is a different skill, but they do add a lot to a model and bring them alive.

Richard

I also have a model of Rudels German Shepard pet dog... he's slightly better detailed than the payroll clerk

I bought some Afrika Corps guys without shirts and shorts to try and modify to PTO mechanics for my B-25J strafer. But yes....need some USAAF ground crew/maintenance and flyboys for the Pacific Theater.

Yeah they're Africa corp German tankers. Picked up the same set to do the same thing or use them on a PT boat

Yeah, I have a Tamiya set of German tankers doing maintenance.  They're in coveralls.   Somebody used them in a P-40 diorama in the Tamiya "building the P-40."  Guess I'll be doing the same!

Tim W.

Having talked to the CEO of a European company that manufactures injection moulded figures I have been told that they are interested in doing 1/32 scale RAF Ground Crew personnel at some point.

Yes, there is a huge gap in the market but some companies are stepping up to the plate!

Black Dog has produced some superb B.O.B and Luftwaffe pilots so far, check them out at Hannants, you won't be disappointed.  

In the meantime I guess we'll have to wait for the rest.

It's even worse if you want this stuff in 1/24 scale!!!