Bravo Revell Germany P-51D Canopy Replacement

modelingbob

I've received replacement parts from Revell more times then I can remember. Some were sent from Germany, others from the US. They always arrived in a cardboard box (like the one you got), but the box was never wrapped in a plastic bag. You might wanna contact US customs or US postal services. I think the red stamp is from one of them.

Okay, here's my history...

Got the kit back in March and quickly saw that both the windscreen and canopy had embedded bubbles.  I used the RoG website to do a parts request.  Never got an email response.

Later on, I saw all of the LSP traffic saying they had success getting parts, so I attempted again on May 26th.  Received an email reply on May 28th.  Parts arrived on June 7th.  Box had been postmarked on May 29th.

My replacement parts still have some level of distortion, especially the center panel of the windscreen, but at least no bubbles...   :frantic:

Got the kit back in March and quickly saw that both the windscreen and canopy had embedded bubbles.  I used the RoG website to do a parts request.  Never got an email response.

Later on, I saw all of the LSP traffic saying they had success getting parts, so I attempted again on May 26th.  Received an email reply on May 28th.  Parts arrived on June 7th.  Box had been postmarked on May 29th.

My replacement parts still have some level of distortion, especially the center panel of the windscreen, but at least no bubbles...   :frantic:

Now don't tell us you miss the bubbles!

Because he's a modeller himself?  :doh:

Y'know I actually considered that. Not outside the realm of possibility.

Wow, that's my story exactly except I never recieved any emails ever.

I used their request page on May 25 ... no response.

Used the revell.de email , box postmarked May 29 received June 7... empty.

One difference is I requested 4 replacement canopies.

Oh well , I sent them the picture yesterday, no response yet.

I will take Pascal's advice and check with my local USPS.

Gee this is fun  :rolleyes:

Just to follow up on my post of May 31... today (June 12) I received a small box in the mail from Revell sent priority via Deutsche Post. 

4lM6cIk.jpg

Rattling around inside the box was a small, clear plastic bag that contained clear sprue J - the replacement canopy for my kit. 

nU6h6QV.jpg

Unfortunately, the canopy had separated from the sprue at some point and has a couple very minor scratches that will easily buff out. The quality of this replacement canopy far exceeds the one supplied with my kit. 

GRzqinC.jpg

Based on my experience, I would rate Revell customer service as excellent. The replacement canopy came exactly when the email said it would, and the part is a vast improvement over what was supplied in the kit.

Cheers!

John.

Edited by Leaning_Dog

Just to follow up on my post of May 31... today (June 12) I received a small box in the mail from Revell sent priority via Deutsche Post. 

4lM6cIk.jpg

Rattling around inside the box was a small, clear plastic bag that contained clear sprue J - the replacement canopy for my kit. 

nU6h6QV.jpg

Unfortunately, the canopy had separated from the sprue at some point and has a couple very minor scratches that will easily buff out. The quality of this replacement canopy far exceeds the one supplied with my kit. 

GRzqinC.jpg

Based on my experience, I would rate Revell customer service as excellent. The replacement canopy came exactly when the email said it would, and the part is a vast improvement over what was supplied in the kit.

Cheers!

John.

Same exact thing for me, in the exact same manor:

20180612_151042-XL.jpg

20180612_151107-XL.jpg

Great job Revell

I think I contacted Revell around the last few days of May. That's the trouble with those website forms, unless you make a conscious effort to note the details, you have no automatic record. All I know for certain is I posted in this thread after the fact on May 31st.

A few days ago I received a letter via snail mail dated June 6th advising that as all kit stocks are held in Germany, for me to allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery.

I'd have been happy with an email confirmation (otherwise what was the point of asking for my email address?) and even happier if they had acknowledged that two replacement windscreens were requested for two faulty kits.

And so it's a wait and see situation. At least I now know it's in process.

I'm pretty sure my box was either robbed (not likely) or came open

during it's trip. Did you guys have any tape on your box when you

received it ?

Anyway, I'm not gonna fret about it, I requested 4 canopy and windshield

parts but it looks like I would've received what you guys got, one canopy.

No biggie. Maybe when the later dash is released they'll have better canopies. :thumbsup:

My box was not taped. It opened pretty easily (which if I were a betting man that was likely the fate of yours). And I must say, the shipping box is so flimsy that if something would have been placed atop it while shipping, it would have been crushed and destroyed. Luckily, mine survived in great shape. Methinks RoG needs to think a little better about shipping stuff. 

Edited by modelingbob

My box was not taped. It opened pretty easily (which if I were a betting man that was likely the fate of yours). And I must say, the shipping box is so flimsy that if something would have been placed atop it while shipping, it would have been crushed and destroyed. Luckily, mine survived in great shape. Methinks RoG needs to think a little better about shipping stuff.

Same, same exactly. The small box has an extra flap at the top that simply has one of those two pronged pins that you fold the flat back halves up on. No tape or anything else on mine.

Same though, mine survived fully in tact with 0 breaks, cracks or scratches.

Well ... I received another box from Revell but this time

nicely taped up. Good news, there were 4 sets of clear

parts. Not so good news, they weren't any better than

the originals. Oh well , at least I know that they do respond

even without comfirmation emails.

...movin' on...

:piliot:

Got my replacement canopies Wednesday, so only a couple of days past what they stated in their email to me. Same as the rest, a little foldy box closed by a split pin and no tape. Mine didn't come off the sprue, fortunately.