HPH PBY-5A / OA-10A s.n.44-33876 / 2nd Emergency Rescue Squadron

Jan_G

Thank you guys! I really appreciate all your kind words.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:56 PM, dodgem37 said:

So are we!  What color blue/grey did you use?

Thanks Mark. Regarding the color I was trying to get some blueish engine grey. I mixed Mr. Color 306 Gray and Mr Color 72 Intermediate blue in ratio around 3/1 and lightened with few drops of white. I was trying to get similar color as onthis picture

i-PsqVnSN.jpg

On 8/15/2019 at 7:04 AM, kkarlsen said:

Could you elaborate a little on how you did the ignition cables?

On 8/15/2019 at 3:08 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I too would like to know a bit more about that, as that is a sticking point on my two HpH R2800s, as I can't seem to work out with ease, how to get all the needed wires in the ignition ring realistically. 

Brian, Kent, thanks a lot for your words.

I was just trying to make it as good as possbile but honestly the ignition ring and cables are the poorest parts of my engines. :whistle:

Ignition ring supplied in kti was not the best part and required some sanding to get nice surface. I was trying to drill holes for ignition cables but just destroyed the ring more. 

I made the ignition cables from 0.3 lead wire, glued in position with CE glued followed with epoxy for strength. The issue was that even I have applied small dots of epoxy it dried in form of a drop which is quite visible but it was beyond my motivation to try to correct it somehow.

cable painted with mixture of MRP Gold / Copper / Exhaust soot with ratio aprox 3/1/1 to achieve such metal brownish look

ignotion ring painted with MRP super silver

Connectors between the cables made from alu foil. I have used mainly these few pics as reference.

HTH a little

jan

i-WmPGKzP.jpg

i-dGb3pDQ.jpg