Rigging A Wingnut Wings Kit

sspit62

Being a proud Kiwi have a couple of these kits in the stash. Just completing the Fokker DV11 which has no rigging. I am about to start the Gotha and have some trepidation to say the least when it comes to the rigging. Wingnut have some instructions on their site but are there any good downloads or clips that might help. Your advice much appreciated.

Lots of schools of thought here. The Prym "knitting in" thread works really well for Brit flat rigging.

I've used EZ Line, Uschi's standard and fine rigging.

The Prym thread and White EZ Line can also be dyed with a faberic pen marker.

Also investing in some Bob's Buckles tubes can also be a great as well as some of his eyelets depending on which WnW kit you are rigging

I'm on my second WWI biplane.  The first I rigged with EZline.  Looks great to my naked eye.

However!!   When I take pictures the twists in the EZline show up like dog's ba11s.  So, I'm not going to tell you which to use, but on my second bird, I'm using 2lb pound fishing line. 

Also...  Bob's Buckles are great for a bit of added detail as well as anchoring and giving you a great way to secure your lines. 

Best of luck!

Gaz

EZ Line is called the right name. It's actually very easy.

However!!   When I take pictures the twists in the EZline show up like dog's ba11s.  

Just make sure to untwist the EZ line before gluing it. You can just let it fall and thread it slightly through fine tweezers. With Prim elastic line a twist is even more noticeable, though it's also easier to untwist.

With a bit of care you can get no twist at all.

20141028_204149_zpsc3199103.jpg

20160719_195802_zpsybljs93k.jpg

20151227_150637_zpsh5vnmmj3.jpg

Edited by Zero77

Being a proud Kiwi have a couple of these kits in the stash. Just completing the Fokker DV11 which has no rigging. I am about to start the Gotha and have some trepidation to say the least when it comes to the rigging. Wingnut have some instructions on their site but are there any good downloads or clips that might help. Your advice much appreciated.

I have tried rigging a variety of ways, and various techniques can be better than others for various things.

Having said that, I think the best way to go for the bulk of your rigging is to use brass tubing "turnbuckles" and fishing line.

There are very specific tutorials available at www.ww1aircraftmodels.com and I used them to good effect on a couple of WNW builds that I displayed here.