UAE F-16F Block 60

Bruce

54 minutes ago, Shujaa said:

Could You please tell me which brand is selling these spare canopies and possibly where to get them ?

TIA !

AFV Club sell the 1/2 and full tinted canopies, as well as Have Glass II canopies.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought I was done but...something was bugging me about the exhausts.  I had followed the kit instructions for the SUFA exhausts but I just couldn't get the pedals to look right, they didn't look like the GE exhausts.  There are 2 sets of exhaust sets in the kit, one for the wide mouth and one for the small mouth.  Since I used a ZOTZ large mouth resin replacement I didn't have to follow the kit instructions for the intake and so I just followed the exhaust instructions.  The kit only gives one set of instructions and calls for only those part numbers and ignores the other set of exhaust parts.  Well something was wrong... I have Academy's single seat kit and it has exactly the same parts in it for bot exhausts, however, the single seat kit specific instructions for wide mouth and small mouth parts.

intake%20instructions.jpg

exhaust%20instructions.jpg

the bottom set of exhaust instructions are what are printed in the SUFA kit (oh and BTW the same for their F-16D instructions) but they don't have the little note  that says P&W engine but those are the part numbers they tell you to use on the kit!  No wonder they didn't look right to me!  The reason for not mentioning the large mouth parts is that both the SUFA and Korean D are small mouth jets.

So, I had only tacked the exhaust onto my model so I broke it loose and am modifying it again.  If you have bought an Aires or GT resin replacement exhaust you're OK.  However if you use the kit intake the parts called for are for the small mouth.  BEWARE if you are doing an F they are GE engines thus different exhausts.

more later with pics when I finish my modifications.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce
addeded info

OK, here I am with my fix.  I wanted to get the appearance like this:

exhaust%20look.jpg

I cut off my original nozzles leaving the ring from the P&W pedals leaving this

revised%20ab%20section.jpg

I then assembled the GE parts and cut of the ring on the bottom and painted the new nozzle piece

new%20exhaust.jpg

combined the two parts and mounted them back in the model

desired%20appearance.jpg

now I'm much happier with the appearance of the exhaust area.

Bruce

I'm on to my next adventure in F-16s.  Years ago I started to modify a 1/32 Hasegawa F-16A (kit 100) to a 2 seater but quit because I wasn't sure what the tub relationship was between the front and rear seats.  I had blown up a set of plans and cutthe fuselage for the second seat and had started to make a mold for the canopy and that is where I quit.  When Academy came out with theirs it answered all my questions.  I was almost "right on" with my fuselage cut.  So I've decided to complete my conversion using parts from my SUFA kit, True Detail cockpits, and some other parts.  I'm going to do a B model that Gen. Robert L. Scott Jr. flew in back in the '80s at Luke.

Gen%20Scottt%20%20ac%20%20310th_tfts_f_1

If anyone out there was stationed at Luke at that time and has any photos or further info I'd love to see them

Bruce