Trumpeter 1/32nd SU-27 Flanker - June 28th Cutting & Chopping

crobinsonh

Slow progress - managed to finish the wheel wells - nose and main.

lVcHDP.jpg

AQzWn4.jpg

Then I had to deal with the horrible clear resin instrument panel. I sanded it super thin as it felt to thick to start.

WfIUhQ.jpg

Looks ok with the "dial" backing painted. The instrument panel is a little "bluer" than the rest if the cockpit as I managed to get the mix wrong. I am going to be lazy and will stick with it :-)

6e0jXb.jpg

Now I need to decide on the white lines that split the real panel into sectors - as there are some inaccuracies due to the limitations of the clear resin moulding using decals will be almost impossible as there is no room when on the real panel there is. I need to think about this one before wrecking the panel with a cack handing painting approach.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have a different photo setup and I have also painted most of the AM parts now - just need to finish the ejector seat. The lighting is still not quite right but I am working on it - this was with 5 LED lamps.

Y9kyZI.jpg

Although you cannot really see on this shot I have attempted to paint all the correct colours for the myriad buttons/switches on the control stick.

arATsc.jpg

vyTclT.jpg

I am actually close to the point of actual glueing some plastic parts on this monster kit of the beast!

Edited by crobinsonh

• 3 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 5:42 PM, AlanG said:

Any update on this Colin?

7 hours ago, SCRATCH BUILDER said:

:popcorn::goodjob:

Thanks for your emails - I am currently paused as I took a Revell Hunter that I started over 15 years ago and placed on the shelf of doom and decided to finish that first.

33 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Gotta love Flankers! 

My fave jet apart from the Tornado and Me262. Think it was the display team that did it for me. Sat watching them on my tea-break at RAF St.Athan. Beautiful!

Edited by AlanG