Trumpeter 1/32nd SU-27 Flanker - June 28th Cutting & Chopping

crobinsonh

Whilst I am awaiting the replacement windscreen for my cracked one on the 1/32nd F-100D I thought I would move to the Trumpy Flanker. I bought this when it first came out and then all of the aftermarket including the Pitz Exhausts (although I cannot find these at the moment).

First shot is most of the aftermarket - I also have the Armoury 1/32nd Resin wheels (as well as the Contact Resine), Montex masks, Aires exhausts, Profimodeler static dischargers etc.

PWtgv1.jpg

I used the Aires cockpit (I have the Blackbox one somewhere).

I know I am lazy as I only used my iPhone and did not setup the back drop correctly - I will do better next time :-)

I drilled out and added replacement and new switches from my references - most of these being from a chap that sold an amazing DVD many years ago with a lot of very detailed photographs of operational SU-27's at snow covered airbases.

Yw83wv.jpg

EOeImo.jpg

dy3RiZ.jpg

More to come - slowly....
Edited by crobinsonh

Guest Maxim

That looks really nice. The Zacto intakes and nose are really nice. I think you need more aftermarket though! :)

Edited by Maxim

Guest Peterpools

Nice start on the front office AM . Looking forward to following your progress.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

That pit looks gorgeous!   Really great start to this

I bought this when it first came out and then all of the aftermarket including the Pitz Exhausts (although I cannot find these at the moment).

Boy, I hope you can eventually find those!   They add so SO much to the final build that it would be a shame to have them and not use them only due to misplacing them. 
Honestly they bring a whole new dimension to a Flanker build, and can end up being the centerpiece of the build. They are not in fact easy to put together but the results are as worth it as any part you could add to the model:

DSC02831-XL.jpg

DSC02830-XL.jpg

DSC02824-XL.jpg

DSC03184-XL.jpg

Looking forward to some more progress, and here's to hoping you find your Pitz Models cans!

• 2 months later...

Hey Brian,

Stunning job with those engines and your build. I have actually just found those babies :-) Not sure they will look as good as yours and I will certainly be following closely and how you pulled them off as they look very nice indeed.

I will update the thread later as I have slowly continues work in the background on the various Aires components.