Sign in to follow this  
1to1scale

Show me your best hobby room setups!

I moved operations into a side room off my garage, as my old one was right under the bedroom and I tend to stay up later than my wife. That room is devoted to display shelves and PC gaming now. I am in the process of making it more livable and then getting an airbrush setup to better vent fumes. Right now I have to open the garage door and exhaust it with floor fans.

GrEuMN9.jpg

gBr8WWb.jpg

Also have to put rubber matting on the cement floor in case I pass out from fumes...

...which I did once. Managed to not crack my skull.

LOL. So if you start a rant that seems too crazy we should urge you to open the garage door and get back to us latter.

Oh and how do you keep the dropper bottle paints from doing the domino effect? What holds them upright?

GrEuMN9.jpg

That Bandai 72nd scale PG Falcon is taking up WAY too much space on your already crowded stash shelves. You should probably just send it to me to save some space. 

LOL. So if you start a rant that seems too crazy we should urge you to open the garage door and get back to us latter.

Oh and how do you keep the dropper bottle paints from doing the domino effect? What holds them upright?

Those shelves are actually set at a backwards tilt so the bottles lean slightly back against the wall. They've been like that for half a year now with not a single tumble.

Cool, you guys are getting me inspired for my new room. The one thing I want is lots of deep counter space (20-24" deep) and enough paint bottle holders, I have a few from HobbyZone, but need to order a bunch more. I also want to build an in-progress cabinet, where I can slide a kit into that may be waiting for parts, motivation, etc.

I want to start building like/kind models, so I can start maybe three simultaneous German planes, spray a bunch of stuff in RLM02, build three cockpits together, paint all three together, etc. I also need storage for long term projects like my P-61, which I have a ton of AM for.

I want to start building like/kind models, so I can start maybe three simultaneous German planes, spray a bunch of stuff in RLM02, build three cockpits together, paint all three together, etc.

I actually do that a lot when I build German armor.

Cool, you guys are getting me inspired for my new room. The one thing I want is lots of deep counter space (20-24" deep) and enough paint bottle holders, I have a few from HobbyZone, but need to order a bunch more. I also want to build an in-progress cabinet, where I can slide a kit into that may be waiting for parts, motivation, etc.

I want to start building like/kind models, so I can start maybe three simultaneous German planes, spray a bunch of stuff in RLM02, build three cockpits together, paint all three together, etc. I also need storage for long term projects like my P-61, which I have a ton of AM for.

The in-progress storage area is a great idea, and I've given some thought to a similar arrangement here somewhere, as I frequently pause work on projects, sometimes for months/years at a time. My 1:72 Gato, for instance, is covered from stem to stern with cobwebs now.

Im pretty good about not having a Shelf Of Doom, although I do have a correctional facility for a couple kits that need a "time out". My Wingnut Fokker is about to go on parole, and if it cooperates, will be finished. I also have an orphanage for 1/72 scale kits, that may be adopted out to good families.  

I kind of want to redo my desk and scratch build a new one like you guys.

I kind of want to redo my desk and scratch build a new one like you guys.

Tony, you definitely need a bigger desk, your Felixstowe is going to need a little space...and that 110 is going to want some room also.

The 110 fits fine as the desk is bigger than it appears, but the Felix won't fit when it's all wrigged up, so I'll have to consider how I'll rebuild. Might be a great winter project.