Sign in to follow this  
1to1scale

Show me your best hobby room setups!

Some really great rooms there.  Some even look relaxing.  My model room is so small that the hall doorway and the outside window share the same frame.

I'm too ashamed to take a picture of the room at the moment. It's all dramatically cluttered with about 1 year accumulated dust and piles of boxes everywhere. I definitely need to tidy and clean it. The desk itself is covered with dozens of tools, model parts, pieces of kitchen towels, brushes, paint jars, and dead mosquitos.

Sorry guys, it looks like a desk from Mad Max.

It's all dramatically cluttered with about 1 year accumulated dust and piles of boxes everywhere. I definitely need to tidy and clean it. The desk itself is covered with dozens of tools, model parts, pieces of kitchen towels, brushes, paint jars, and dead mosquitos.

...sooo what's the problem ?

azOGqRE.jpg

Mine is 100% utilitarian with lighting and bench (access to both sides of the bench which doesn't sound like a BFD until you have access to teh back for certain things) designed optimally for sitting and working on two simultaneous builds, one on the small "L" side section, and one on the larger side, with my stash removed from the area completely. The bench tops themselves are hollow core doors with some pre-fab board glued on top and painted:

DSC01780-XL.jpg

DSC01774-XL.jpg

DSC01773-XL.jpg

DSC01772-XL.jpg

I am super happy I went with the light blue and white as well as putting the bench with access to the back side as well, as it really seems to help brighten up the room and make gluing and aligning things much easier. Paint booth in the corner with exhaust routed out a nearby window via dryer ducting.

This is how my bench appeared when first completed back in 2010 or so.............it looks substantially more cluttered now. 

Guest Maxim

Mine is 100% utilitarian with lighting and bench (access to both sides of the bench which doesn't sound like a BFD until you have access to teh back for certain things) designed optimally for sitting and working on two simultaneous builds, one on the small "L" side section, and one on the larger side, with my stash removed from the area completely. The bench tops themselves are hollow core doors with some pre-fab board glued on top and painted:

I am super happy I went with the light blue and white as well as putting the bench with access to the back side as well, as it really seems to help brighten up the room and make gluing and aligning things much easier. Paint booth in the corner with exhaust routed out a nearby window via dryer ducting.

This is how my bench appeared when first completed back in 2010 or so.............it looks substantially more cluttered now. 

Nice set up Brian! I really like the blue and white theme. Perfect color on the eyes for modelling.

Edited by Maxim

Excellent setup, looks very functional, nice!

This is my space. It's been a "tiny house" work-in-progress for about 4 years. The large 7'x4' central table works well for how I like to work.   

Nice! Must be a pain to keep it heated.

Edited by LSP_Ron

Guest Maxim

OK, I'll bite. This is the setup at my old house (man cave #2). The new setup here (assuming I ever actually get it built), will be very similar; but an 8' x 10' L-shape. (My old setup was approx. 6' x 2')

I like it. Nice and cosy modelling area.

Wow !!!! you are very well organised !!!! my room looks more " messy " 

Alain

My thoughts exactly! I could never find anything in a room so organized  :whistle:  Fred K.

This is my space. It's been a "tiny house" work-in-progress for about 4 years. The large 7'x4' central table works well for how I like to work.   

That's perfect!

Detached from the house, plenty of ceiling room for stash growth, lots of natural light, plenty of space, heating & large workspace.

And, of course, the pièce de résistance - beer.

Oh yeah, the beer is the best part! You noticed. 

It's really great in a lot of ways but being disconnected to the house is a love/hate thing. Some convenience like 24 hour heated space is lost and it seems I run back to house fairly often (like for more beer!).