Revell 1/32 BAe Hawk T.1A - Disaster

Robthepom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello modellers, I've done a bit more work on the Hawk pit, the Eduard side wall detail give everything a boost. The canopy hinges look very fiddly, complicated and challenging but I'll give it a go:D

jYu04VR.jpg

g6QhMmA.jpg

wpv5noV.jpg

Thanks for looking, seats next:frantic:

Edited by Robthepom

Great start mate.

Tornado has MB type 10A, Hawk has MB type 10B. I believe the main difference is the Tornado seats have arm restraints.

I worked on Hawks at No.1 TWU RAF Brawdy and 4 FTS RAF Valley, Also maintained the seats at Scampton for the Reds. Never saw the drop tanks fitted.

Edited by Smeds

8 hours ago, Smeds said:

Great start mate.

Tornado has MB type 10A, Hawk has MB type 10B. I believe the main difference is the Tornado seats have arm restraints.

I worked on Hawks at No.1 TWU RAF Brawdy and 4 FTS RAF Valley, Also maintained the seats at Scampton for the Reds. Never saw the drop tanks fitted.

hey thanks for the information, i'm cool with the seats i have, there still 10x better than the kit ones, so i'll use them

Great information for others, i'm not sure if anyone makes resin 10B seats???

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided i love after market details, the AM for this kit cost more than double the price i paid for the kit, but its worth it in my opinion.

The seats are incorrect and the differences between the MB10A and MB10B are significant, but just look at the kit offering:P

CHmUgTE.jpg

And the BigEd cockpit is worth it as well

ijRGQeU.jpg

h7bZ9zg.jpg

Onward and upwards

Great looking build, just a comment on the colour of the leg restraints. These are blue and when the aircraft is parked they are stowed attached to the instrument panel (the cords are placed in the grooves either side of the central instruments). The canvas case attached to frame 10 (rear bulkhead ) is stowage for the F700 (maintenance history etc) also there is a smaller one slightly lower which holds the rear seat apron (fitted to solo aircraft, modelers of Red Arrows take note). Finally, the seat pan is set to almost it's highest setting when the aircraft is parked for maintenance.

Hope this is of help,

Bob.

Further to my earlier post, it seems Martin Baker have changed the colour of the leg restraints to olive green (just poked my head in the cockpit today and I was surprised that they weren't blue as I thought they were. I am sure they were once? I've only worked on them since 1983:wub:). I will check with one of our armourers to see if my memory is playing tricks or that I am colour blind.