MARU5137

Sloppy England .... Arghhhhh!!!

Posted (edited)

What ARE they doing...

Pakistan ahead by 166 Runs in First Test Match!

:frantic:

They gave England, who were bowled out for 184 on day one, a lesson in the discipline, diligence and control required to make runs in Test cricket.

:popcorn:

Edited by MARU5137

Too much white ball cricket played, with England players throwing the bat at everything.

Add in two English strike bowlers well past their best, despite the Duke ball & overcast, damp conditions with no replacements lined up, and the test side is not looking good.

Pakistan bowled tidily to a good length, nothing special, whilst England are far less consistent. Only Stokes looks threatening with the ball.

This game is already lost, work 3 days remaining. It's going to be a long summer....

I don't care two hoots what England is doing. Still reeling from the shock that AB de Villiers has retired. He was talking about the World Cup  just the other day. 

ST...

Yep long summer.

One supposes that the England team as usual will rely on rain as their savior... I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are thinking like that.

I think the Pakistanis came prepared and had done their homework...they may be inexperienced looking as a team; but thought they had a better grip(literally) on their Game and Ball.

English floundered a tad!

Pakistanis found their Game.

;)

ST...

Yep long summer.

One supposes that the England team as usual will rely on rain as their savior... I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are thinking like that.

I think the Pakistanis came prepared and had done their homework...they may be inexperienced looking as a team; but thought they had a better grip(literally) on their Game and Ball.

English floundered a tad!

Pakistanis found their Game.

;)

There's always a chance that one of England's batsmen click. Stokes, Butler & Bairstow are all capable of knocking 100+ in one session.

But even if that happens, the English bowlers just don't look like they could bowl any team out, let alone one chasing a small target.

The openers & middle order need to play defensively and build a score, to allow Butler & Stokes to throw the bat around.

Having said that, England reach lunch 37-2.

142 runs behind, 8 wickets left, Pakistan with an innings in hand.

Doomed.

Doomed indeed.

Looks like England's batting,fielding and bowling appears a little mismatched.

What if they brought back Jennings into play?

63-2 when I left... :hmmm:

Chris. .. We're gonna gave to take you to a cricket match next time ...

:thumbsup:

110-6.

The end is nigh.

Defeat in 3 days.

The shame. And the lost gate receipts from 2 days.

England need a new pair of openers, a new pair of opening bowlers, a stubborn number 5 who doesn't give his wicket away, and a spin bowler who actually spins the ball.

Besides that, they look promising.....

Gerhard... watched quite a few 5 day Matches where the game goes right down to the wire.... like Australia versus South Africa in Cape Town..

But now it is as you say...

:doh: