Clunkmeister

Wingnut Wings Taube 07/14/18 Wings

Ok, here's a pic from this evening. iPhone 7+, not iPhone 10 as previously stated.

The interior is just fitted into the side. Not secured. I'm working on the fuselage side rigging now. The sides do need a bit more shading, especially up front, so I'll do that a bit more. Seat belts need to be made up from the HGW set and installed, along with the throttle and its linkage. A line from the hand pump really needs to be run as well.

Also, the P.08 with stock needs to find a home and be mounted somewhere. Possibly just laid on the observer's seat for now. Not sure. No holster is provided, so options are limited there.

IMG_5848-L.jpg

Maru those pics are awesome, thank you!

The rigging on this kite will be similar, but not exact, as the model is based on a prototype built by the Jeannin Company, instead of Etrich.

Jeannin used steel tubing instead of wood for fuselage structure, so the rigging wasn't quite as involved.

But it's daunting nonetheless.

For the poster who asked, Peter Jackson's Etrich Taube is a German-built replica from around 2000 or so. It flew at a few airshows there but not in NZ.

Lovely work so far!

For the poster who asked, Peter Jackson's Etrich Taube is a German-built replica from around 2000 or so. It flew at a few airshows there but not in NZ.

Lovely work so far!

Thanks Zac,

I should have some substantial updates in the next day. Just finishing rigging the second fuselage half, then finish the engine and close 'er up. :)

Progress will be much quicker after that. Ha!

Looks nice Ernie. The P. 08 is an artillery luger, or a broomhandle?

Well, it looks like an Artillery model with the stock attached.

I would have thought in 1914, a C96 Mauser with stock would have been more appropriate, but hey, maybe the observer was wealthy and with a Title and influence. 

Then he'd have the social connections and financial ability to personally buy such an exquisite piece as a fine, brand new Luger.

I'm not sure a piece such as that would have been issued to lowly pilots then, but perhaps the Officer observer?

Much study of history is needed.