Sign in to follow this  
Hawkwrench

Perfect plastic putty question

I tried to use my still brand new tube of Perfect plastic putty and I had to literally squeeze the life out of the tube to get a small amount of almost dry putty.

Is this normal, or did I get a back batch?

Tim

I've experienced this as well. I always close mine back up right away after squeezing some out, and I can't find any cracks/holes in the tube.

Is there a way to refresh it, maybe take it all out and put it in another container with a little water? Seems like such a waste.

Was putzing around and found an old conversation in which is was found to be a packaging flaw, in that the top lets some air back in and the fix was to try and squeeze as much air out as possible when closing the tube. A fellow mentioned putting a little water in his to soften it back up so I will try that. It is water-soluble, after all.

Same experience, had to cut the tube open to get any out. Given, the tube was opened a couple of months ago. 

(And yes, I did close it again)

Edited by Gerhard

It dries very fast so you have to close the cap immediately after use. I also put a drop of water in the tube when it becomes a bit thick/dry.

However, if it's brand new it's not normal.

This putty is useful for some special applications, as you can wipe it simply with a wet towel or cotton bud. On the other hand you have to make it water proof with a good coat of any other paint or primer if you need to use anything liquid over it. But it's useful if you have to fill seams in tight areas or make some repairs or filling over arround a painted area.