Eduard Bf 109E-4 1/32 Profipack

• 4 weeks later...

RLM 65 Underside and on the fuselage. This is from the Hataka red-line early war luftwaffe set. I like the colour but really fought with it in my airbrush. Even thinned with their proprietry thinner got clogging, tip dry etc. Did some stark fading with very dilute tamiya light blue and white here and there. That will get toned down with varnishes and weathering later on.

k7ONoAMl.jpg

i7HAWfol.jpg

Edited by TimHepplestone

Then basic top colours. Went back to tamiya having lost patience with the Hataka. RLM02 is an eyeballed mix of tamiya XF22 with some XF23 light blue and XF02 white . Not really specific ratios, Just kept adding bits till it looked ok. :blink:. For the RLM 71 Dunkel grun I just went with tamiya XF 61 Dark Green. Both got lightened with drops of white and yellow to increase tonal variety. Once again I left it stark to allow for future weathering.

vOcm9FHl.jpg

EnA4L9fl.jpg

Next up will be mottling. First attempt for me so will practice on an old scrap model for a bit first

Couple of therapeutic hours with airbrush in hand. Firsy attempt at adding mottling. According to my references there was fairly heavy mottling on the port fuselage but more restrained on the starboard. Also finally forced to decied on airframe. I've gone with Galland's aircraft, circa BOB. 

clzcjtYl.jpg

fp1UmrPl.jpg

f9WNBzpl.jpg

Think I'll mull this one over a galss of red. I may revise some of the mottle. Note the patches on the rudder that remained RLM 65 for Galland's kill markings

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...