timvkampen

Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

Posted (edited)

Tony

Well said. I’m thoroughly enjoying Tamiya’s 1/48 F14 and would love to see them keep the jet releases coming in affordable and space saving kits. Wouldn’t it be grand to see their touch on the Century Seties aircraft and the Gloss Dark Navy Blue Jets of the 1950’s as well.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

I can't really afford 1/32 any more, unless it says Draken, Su-15 Flagon, Su-7 Fitter, Convair Delta Dart, Beaufighter, new tool EE Lightning or Spey Phantom on the box.

Which means, if I live long enough, I'll be buying about three more 1/32 kits.

Tony

This is a problem for me as well. While 1:32 was, is and probably always be my first choice (for aircraft), space and affordability have changed things somewhat in this particular area of my life.

Yes, I'd find the money for a long nose recce One-O-Wonder and Six in 1/32. I also believe Tamiya could make the ultimate Thud in medium or big format.

The Revellogram stuff was fantastic thirty-five years ago, but times have moved on. I'm still waving £ in the air for the Kitty Hawk RF-101C, duff intakes and all, and am ready to pounce on its imminent F-101B like a hungry wolf.

Tony

Just ribbin' ya Pete. I've got some too cuz for me 1/32 is

just a little too big for jets at my house.

...but you used the word 1/48 at LSP ..

HF4wNgI.png

You should try using the "quarter (inch) scale" phrase, then you'd really get the kids throwing their toys out of the pram.

:lol: I'm usually the largest kid tossing his binky around the perambulator when that phrase gets uttered!   I have no clue why it bothers me so................probably my time flying R/C quarter scale.

I have to agree with Tony that 1/32 is getting expensive and out of my reach as well. I have 5 1/32 Tamiya prop kits 2 Corsairs, 2 P-51's and an early Zero that would retail up here for around $1000 for all. I could buy 20 to 25 of the same kits from Tamiya in 1/48 for the same amount. 

I would love Tamiya to do a 1/32 F6F-5 or F4U-4/4B but they wouldn't come cheap. I know I can buy them cheaper else where but when I have to pay the shipping and the exchange rate there's no use. That's why I buy 1/48 Tamiya jets like the Skyray because of the price it's just not justifiable for me to spend $300 Can. on the Fischer kit. 

Like I said in Peter's F-14 thread I can get 5 or 6 1/48 Airfix P-51's for the price of 1 Tamiya 1/32 kit, but if Revell ever does a filleted P-51 in the future I'll switch back to 1/32 because they're cheap ($38 Can.).

Don