Sign in to follow this  
Juggernut

LSP CENSORSHIP??

Please spare us the drama of complaining about how people's right to “free speech†is being infringed, and how that right is somehow more sacred to people who live in Texas, or America in general, than it is anywhere else in the world. The reality is that people don't get to say what they want, whenever they want, and it be totally consequence free anywhere in the world. I'm sure many of us work at jobs where if we said certain things to customers, coworkers, etc., we would find ourselves out on the street. Same if you're a guest in someone's home and you say or do something that they don't like and they show you the door. This is a private forum and the people who run and fund this place can moderate it how they feel. Many times moderation is going to be a no win situation. You get a large group of people together with different opinions, and someone is eventually going to be offended by something that seems innocuous to others, and then others are going to be offended that someone else was offended, and so on. Although I may not agree with every decision (and I'm not in any way required to), I think overall the mods here do a good job in trying to keep order. They won't be right (at least by my personal definition of what I think is right) 100% of the time, but I can accept that and move on.

If people don't like it, then just leave. Remove the bookmark, delete your saved password from your browser or manager, and don't come here any more. I don't get the rationale about very public leaving posts. Is the intent to have others beg for people to stay, or the mods change things to keep certain individuals happy, or is it to let everyone know that SOMEONE ELSE is responsible for ME not being here anymore, so blame them? Please just go and spare us the drama.

Guys Im new to the moddeing arena......this is my home away from home. But this MODDING experience has opened my eyes wide. This is NOT an easy or thankful job.

Some of the stuff going on behind the scenes the general membership really never gets to see is some of the hardest stuff to deal with.

LSP has NO intention of censoring anyone other than what is contained in our rules to make sure we continue to have a mature, respectful and harmonious place for all.

I hate to see anyone leave, especially guys I know personally, but everyone has that right, I just think maybe everyone should take a step back.......take a deep breath, and realize that this is still plastic aircraft modelling, and if you don't like someone or someTHING, it might be time to just ignore it and move on, instead of what seems like taking things to the extreme.

Try to please everyone and no one will like it.

A while ago, one of the mods sent me a PM informing me that he had deleted my signature (Cops...the biggest street gang in the world) because someone found it offensive.  Did I have a hissy fit and storm out because I had been censored?  Nope.  I told him I really didn't care and my signature now informs people that I'm not posting a new signature because someone found my last one offensive.  Life is too short and I have more pressing issues to deal with.

Edited by ax365

Guest Martinnfb

OK , so John is out, few another guys will follow and moderating is hard and thankless. But what was wrong with Juggernaut 's Topic , what was violated? What rule? Please be exact so I can adjust my future behaviour accordingly. ( no pun intended)

This is a PRIVATE site, with established rules and protocols, and very active moderating team that runs a tight ship. This PRIVATE site, can establish and enforce any rules that they deem appropriate and censorship is not an issue. Membership in this PRIVATE site is open to only those who agree to follow said rules. If you don't like those rules, then you can go participate in another site that meets your needs. The reason I participate in this modeling site is because I agree with the established rules and protocols, and greatly appreciate the MODS efforts at maintaining and enforcing those rules and protocols. Good job MODS, I agree 100% with your goals and efforts to make this a wonderful site!!!!

:goodjob:

Not a public forum?  Censor away!  Be advised that the more content is censored, the fewer participants you will have.

As I said it's not a public forum, you have to be a member, and there is a responsibility to be civil and courteous, as there should be in all areas of life, if you're not happy with that there are options available to you.

It was me that hid the 'Reviews' thread Martin.

No one person particularly violated anything - but the net result, once the person who created the material being discussed surfaced, would have been for the discussion to go to absolute mush - with member against member, and faction against faction.

For that reason it was pre-emptively hidden - pending discussion amongst the mods.

It was a very hard call - I sat on it for a good 15 minutes - but had to act, in my opinion.

Yes - it was a pity - there was some really good discussion - but we couldn't, at that stage, just prune a few posts without being unfair to someone, or other.

So - it was hidden I'm afraid.

Iain

OK , so John is out, few another guys will follow and moderating is hard and thankless. But what was wrong with Juggernaut 's Topic , what was violated? What rule? Please be exact so I can adjust my future behaviour accordingly. ( no pun intended)

Martin...the topic was innocent enough,it's that some members find it inciteful and carry the point of it in a totally different direction.then it turns into a mosh pit.

can't stay on topic because of their own issues.

I fully acknowledge that this is not a public forum which i why I said what I said.  I also acknowledge and agree that there should be civility and courtesy extended here as in all areas.... What I don't agree with is seemingly arbitrary ham-fisted censorship based on personal likes, dislikes or tolerance.  I also am fully aware that I have other options available to me; a fact that I plainly stated in my opening post.

Edited by Juggernut

I'll add this: feel free to leave, if that is your choice. We do the best we can as mods. Otherwise, feel free to skip the threads that may offend you. Why waste time ? I get that not all members are friends. That begs the question of: why interact with them at all? Look at some projects, have some fun, but lets not lose sight of this being a model site. A lot of good friendships have come from the international connections here at LSP, why seek aggravation? Lets try to keep it a little lighter...

NOTE: this comment is not directed at any individuals, just my philosophy regarding LSP.

Hopefully we can start to draw a line under this now?

If you want to kick a mod - then please aim it in my direction - but I stand by my call to hide the Reviews thread at the point I did.

However - it was a very interesting subject - perhaps we can pick up the topic again - without being too specific about particular reviews?  :)

Iain