ringleheim

Who Will Be Watching the Royal Wedding?

There's was a wedding? Every TV was turned off in my house on purpose. Better things to do like build models and hang out here!

I watched and enjoyed it -- TWICE (in bed 1 AM my time and during the re-broadcast while at work)!

Too many damn cynics in these forums!

:)

I loved it too.

The church they were married in is gorgeous, as was the cello playing by that 19 year old phenom.

The wedding has now put him on my radar, which is one of the more exciting discoveries I've made in recent months! 

He was BBC young musician of the year in 2017 , and a brilliant musician , and something of a reminder to all us non musical lumps just what true talent is all about !

anyway back to important topics, when are we going to get a 1/35 or 32nd AH-64D Please - and not the Kangman one , a real one!

Oh as for the wedding , she was pretty , But  I got really angry when I found out the Beautiful E-type they drove off in a was Electric.. Seriously Electric.. what is wrong with this world!

What am I talking about 

4C81AEAB00000578-0-image-m-7_15269390572

1968 S2 E-type , with batteries!

I didn't watch it. Was busy with other things.

But he k NO WAY... battery powered :doh:

But I did watch the Young Musician if the Year when Sheku Kanneh- Mason won in 2016.

Sublime performance.

Just to add a bit of Class to LSP....

"Sheku Kanneh-Mason - Winner BBC Young Musician 2016 - Shostakovich Cello Concerto No 1".

Posted (edited)

Oh as for the wedding , she was pretty , But  I got really angry when I found out the Beautiful E-type they drove off in a was Electric.. Seriously Electric.. what is wrong with this world!

Better get used to it, it's the way the world's going. There probably won't be any new petrol or diesel cars built in 20-30 years' time - not even hybrids. They'll all be electric or hydrogen and self-driving. Hell, we probably won't even see mass personal car ownership in 30 years. I love cars - I own a Mustang myself - but even I have to admit that they're pretty much expensive metal boxes that spend the vast majority of their time sitting idle.

I'm hoping that, just as the car changed the horse from work thing to play thing, so too will electric/hydrogen/self-driving cars mean that ICU cars become fun things to play with in your spare time rather than a tool to get you to and from work.

Edited by vince14

Better get used to it, it's the way the world's going. There probably won't be any new petrol or diesel cars built in 20-30 years' time - not even hybrids. They'll all be electric or hydrogen and self-driving. Hell, we probably won't even see mass personal car ownership in 30 years.

star_1729224a.jpg

Better get used to it, it's the way the world's going. There probably won't be any new petrol or diesel cars built in 20-30 years' time - not even hybrids. They'll all be electric or hydrogen and self-driving. Hell, we probably won't even see mass personal car ownership in 30 years. I love cars - I own a Mustang myself - but even I have to admit that they're pretty much expensive metal boxes that spend the vast majority of their time sitting idle.

I'm hoping that, just as the car changed the horse from work thing to play thing, so too will electric/hydrogen/self-driving cars mean that ICU cars become fun things to play with in your spare time rather than a tool to get you to and from work.

.... That is, until someone finds out that the ecological impact and carbon balance of an electric car thoughout his entire life is not better than its fossil fuel ancestor. Those batteries aren’t cheap to produce, carbon-wise, nor very eco-friendly (rare minerals, anyone ?) ....

Not to mention that the electricity had better NOT be produced by a fossil-fuel-burning power station ...

Oh well, if we can see more sexy E-Types on the roads ... ;)

Hubert

.... That is, until someone finds out that the ecological impact and carbon balance of an electric car thoughout his entire life is not better than its fossil fuel ancestor. Those batteries aren’t cheap to produce, carbon-wise, nor very eco-friendly (rare minerals, anyone ?) ....

Not to mention that the electricity had better NOT be produced by a fossil-fuel-burning power station ...

All true, of course, but it's not going to make the slightest difference. The UK has already banned the sale of new petrol or diesel cars from 2040 (and plenty are clamoring for that to come down to 2030), and Volvo will only build electric or hybrid cars from 2019. Given the current fetishism for anything Tesla, the writing is already on the wall.