ringleheim

Who Will Be Watching the Royal Wedding?

My wife has got the TV booked and I think she intends to watch it all. I'm off to Salisbury to got to the Aerobillia at the Boscombe Down museum and I'll be taking my time, at least the roads may be quiet.

I love the Royals but it's just too much for me.

Steve.

Coverage starts at 07:00 GMT+1, MrsC and I will be watching from, probably, about 11:00. Can certainly do without all the build-up.

Robespierre had the right idea about what to do with royals.  :rolleyes:

I think the question was will you be watching it on Tv rather than a comment on the merits of a Royal family.

You may well find quite a few Brits find that comment rather offensive especially those of us who have served.

Plus, have these forums changed so much we now allow the overt use of the F word in posts ?

I think the question was will you be watching it on Tv rather than a comment on the merits of a Royal family.

You may well find quite a few Brits find that comment rather offensive especially those of us who have served.

Plus, have these forums changed so much we now allow the overt use of the F word in posts ?

I suspect Grant's comment is probably tongue in cheek, though I disagree strongly with it, but Martin's usually witty post is inappropriate and offensive in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

Won't be watching as I'm helping Model Boat Club at Castle Combe steam fair (Wiltshire U.K.) but from one (allegedly) human being to two other human beings I wish them every joy and happiness.

Whatever opinion people have of the Royals, Prince Harry is has served his country and has done a huge amount for disabled veterans charities while Meghan has at least had a successful career which in my eyes makes them far more deserving of attention then some other so called 'celebrity' couples.

Edited by Adrian

Harry does strike me as a decent enough bloke, wouldn't mind having a pint with him. But I barely wanted to be at my own wedding, let alone watch that kind of craziness on the tv. Good luck to them!!

I suspect Grant's comment is probably tongue in cheek, though I disagree strongly with it, but Martin's usually witty post is inappropriate and offensive in my opinion.

Apologies for the offensive content, the reference was related to the movie mentioned above. I removed the quote.

Posted (edited)

Bah!  I've heard nothing but this royal wedding BS for weeks.  Sick of it.  Both of the royal brides are hot....

But it's a wedding FPS!

I'd rather watch Maxim watch paint dry.

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas

I suspect Grant's comment is probably tongue in cheek, though I disagree strongly with it

It was, and sorry for any offence taken. Great uncles on both sides of my family fought (and died) in both World Wars defending "king and country." Still doesn't dispose me to the family of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, however.

I got some models to finish and I might watch Where Eagles Dare which is on TV.  Prefer to see Clint murder his way through half the German army than watch any wedding.

I'm no different than the millions other suckers :punk:

I'll be watching while polishing the alclad on my Mustang.  Still 38 minutes to go  :thumbsup:

This topic was brought up on an American football team fan forum that I visit regularly.

The wedding was as popular there as it is here.

I pledged or took an Oath of Allegiance to SERVE Queen Elizabeth II and Country and although I like HER MAJESTY and Prince Consort I will not be watching the Wedding.

Didn't watch any others (Not into celebrity thingy.MY priorities lies elsewhere.) But those who do watch it enjoy ..

MARU 5137.

:thumbsup: