Dragon Kit Sale

RBrown

JefH,

Chinese shippers do about the same thing, which is one of the reasons things take so long from there. They get a better shipping rate when they fill an entire container and ship a buttload of items at one time. I personally don't mind the wait if it is a kit, but waiting for paints or other supplies can be problematic if you're in the middle of a project, which is why I mostly buy that stuff local.

JefH,

Chinese shippers do about the same thing, which is one of the reasons things take so long from there. They get a better shipping rate when they fill an entire container and ship a buttload of items at one time. I personally don't mind the wait if it is a kit, but waiting for paints or other supplies can be problematic if you're in the middle of a project, which is why I mostly buy that stuff local.

You nailed it. Shipping across the Pacific or anywhere for that matter is much cheaper if you can fill a container. I've seen one LD-5 aircraft can with as many as 250 seperate small items on one master manifest when I was in the airfreight business.

I understand the merits of goods coming from China filling a shipping container before they leave port, but I was under the impression that DragonUSA's warehouse was somewhere in the continental U.S.  It should be easy to send a package from the warehouse to a Fedex distribution centre which would transfer it to a Canadian distribution centre after a customs inspection.  I didn't know why it sat in the warehouse for a month before handing it off to Fedex for delivery?  I thought it was maybe that Dragon only wanted to deal with all the duty and customs red-tape in one swath since it's probably fairly labour intensive.

Jeff 

I understand the merits of goods coming from China filling a shipping container before they leave port, but I was under the impression that DragonUSA's warehouse was somewhere in the continental U.S.  It should be easy to send a package from the warehouse to a Fedex distribution centre which would transfer it to a Canadian distribution centre after a customs inspection.  I didn't know why it sat in the warehouse for a month before handing it off to Fedex for delivery?  I thought it was maybe that Dragon only wanted to deal with all the duty and customs red-tape in one swath since it's probably fairly labour intensive.

Jeff 

I have a feeling that the current dragonusaonline is operating with fewer personnel than at its old address. So, in a way it is because of the labor involved with shipping to Canada as opposed to staying within the States. I sell on ebay and am familiar with the many virtues of the Canadian postal system. One of my last sales was fortunate to have a PO box just across the border, and I didn't have to deal with the paperwork. Since I ship from home, having to go into town to pick some up was a PITA.

Also, judging from a sudden change in their inventory level of Panther kits and a few other items, I think some people were the victim of waiting for their own deliveries to arrive and that may have affected ship-outs.

Just throwing stuff out. It's late here.

I did get a strange email from them that one of my items on order was out of stock and if they didn't hear back from me my order would miss this months consolidated shipment.  I did get back to them and my order arrived about 10 days later.

So they must get some kind of volume deal on shipments going to Canada from Fedex which is fine by me because the shipping charges for the size of the box was very reasonable compared to what I am quoted by other suppliers using USPS which are crazy prices.

Dragon has a one day sale on all in stock items in conjunction with July 4 holiday. Enter Promo Code July4 at checkout.  This includes items already discounted, and brings the cost of the Bf 110E Trop down to $28.00.

Lots of armor kits discounted too.

Again I have no connection with Dragon, just relaying the info...https://www.dragonusaonline.com/Search.aspx?status=50%-or-MORE

Well last time i had regret not ordering it so its done now

also got a 1/35 Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.E Tiger I Mid Production Remote Control for 28$ plus 17$ shipping to canada is really cool

I found my 110 sitting at the front door a week ago, heck of a deal I agree... thinking of buying another and doing a luft ‘49 whif with turbo prop engines single empennage and tank buster canons under it... but like I've been told, I get some crazy ideas at times