Sign in to follow this  
K5IKL

My Man Cave

Actually my whole house is my man cave (no wife) :shrug: .  Been on this forum for several years so

thought I would share my modeling area.  Anyway this is my retired senior citizen world.

Cheers,

Jerry    :piliot:

WORK TABLE:

WORKTABLE.jpg

DISPLAY CASES:

DISPLAY-1.jpg

DISPLAY-2.jpg

MY AMATEUR (HAM) RADIO STATION:

K5_IKL04.jpg

STASH CLOSETS:

STASH-1.jpg

STASH-2.jpg

STASH-3.jpg

STASH-4.jpg

STASH-5.jpg

Posted (edited)

Not only do I envy you those nice display cases, but I am impressed with how organized your stash is! Much large than mine, yet it make mine look very messy by comparison!

BTW, you don't like F4 Phantoms, do you? :)

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

Good looking stash.............

I just this past weekend got a 72" x 48" x 24" 5 shelf storage rack (that I filled) for the rest of my stash that had overflowed into the bedroom............living room..............computer room..........and was slowly creeping elsewhere too. 

I and the GF took to redoing the entire wash room where the majority of my stash was. Now its ALL down there together.   This makes me want to finish cleaning and organizing it (for now its just all together without any organization) then take a pic.

HOLLY CRAP DUDE!!.....Harv

Posted (edited)

Not only do I envy you those nice display cases, but I am impressed with how organized your stash is! Much large than mine, yet it make mine look very messy by comparison!

BTW, you don't like F4 Phantoms, do you? :)

Tim

Naw Tim, whatever gave you that idea?? :rofl:

I really like those cases. If I might ask, where did you get them from?

The one in the top picture I had made when I retired.  It is 8' L x 5' H x 22" deep. Made mostly for 32nd scale stuff, like

Phantoms.  :yahoo:  The cabinet maker brought it in unfinished and I did the staining and glass install.

The two in the bottom picture I picked up from a music store back in the early 80's for $15 each.  The store had guitars in them, but they were originally 8 track tape sales cabinets.  I added the glass doors and shelves.

Edited by K5IKL

Very nice Jerry! I'm envious of your window behind your bench. I'm in a basement, so no views for me. But I see we have the same sickness for Phantoms.

The windows are nice and come in handy when I want to spray lacquer paints that really smell.  Just open the windows

and turn on the fan behind me and it all exhausts out the window.  No need for a spray booth but I still use a respirator

though.

So ...  you've built models before then ?

2c3Ltug.gif