Damn last week i orderd a big conversion set for some armour.

Its underway so im happy

Now i found out today that this kit will be releasd in plastic :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:

So there go the money when the plastic model will be out that will cost the half off what i paid for all the stuff

Mark

A few years ago i bought the very full pack of correction resin from Zactoman for the old Revell MiG-29, and an amazing resin cockpit (dont remember who made it). A few weeks later Trumpeter announced their MiG-29A release....

It's not just you !

I follow in those shoes multiple times!!!!

I to Mark.

I purchased two resin kits of the Italian armored car Centoro. Trumpeter came out with them within a year of the purchase. I also purchased all those Zactoman parts for the Mig 29UB. From Revell. Also a couple Israeli Defense Force vehicles. It's happened to me at least 10 times !!!!!

Posted (edited)

It also happened for me with the Grey Matter Hs129. I bought it second hand as it was OOP. And about 2 years later Zoukei Mura annouce an injected plastic one....

Well, then i could build both versions....

Edited by Zero77

Posted (edited)

You mean that Russian thing with the big radar dish?

yes indeed

Mark

And yes its not the first time this happens

Edited by mark31

It also happened for me with the Grey Matter Hs129. I bought it second hand as it was OOP. And about 2 years later Zoukei Mura annouce an injected plastic one....

Well, then i could build both versions....

I bought the Grey Matters Hs 129.

I cost me £130, I immediately sold it on for £100, happy to swallow the loss never to set eyes on it again.

Hands down, the worst kit I've ever had the misfortune to handle. I know it's resin, but even for a resin kit, it was diabolical. Warped, broken parts, terrible "detail", uneven panel lines and a cockpit that made a 1970 Revell Hurricane look super-detailed.

I think the trick with conversions is to buy the ones that are pretty esoteric and highly unlikely to be kitted - like AIMS Ju 388, for instance - and then build the bloody thing quickly, so there's no chance of a injected plastic kit appearing before you've built it.

Guest Peterpools
Posted (edited)

Yup, been there, done that more then once. Just seems to be an unwritten law!
Peter

Edited by Peterpools

yes indeed

Mark

And yes its not the first time this happens

For me it's the opposite, I held back because that conversion ain't cheap. I'm glad Trumpy is going to release it. :yahoo:

Posted (edited)

I have had that happen too but sometimes sacrifices to the plastic God's are needed to get IM kits into production! ;)

Edited by The Dude

Damn last week i orderd a big conversion set for some armour.

Its underway so im happy

Now i found out today that this kit will be releasd in plastic :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:

So there go the money when the plastic model will be out that will cost the half off what i paid for all the stuff

Mark

Mark,

This is some sort of undiscovered scientific law.

The moment you invest in a lot of aftermarket so you can make something for which there is no kit, the kit will magically appear a few days/weeks later!

I think we have all been there!