MRP Paint Question

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

Now that I can source them in AUS I have bought about 20 or so colors. Those members that use them are you thinning them at all? If so what with?They look almost thin enough to spray from the bottle. I spray at about 10psi and my paint is always very thin as I like to build the coats up slowly.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

I shoot them around 12 psi, working pressure and never a problem. I've been switching gears quite a bit and shooting a ton of Mr Color Lacquers as availability was the key in switching.

Peter

Kev

I shoot them around 12 psi, working pressure and never a problem. I've been switching gears quite a bit and shooting a ton of Mr Color Lacquers as availability was the key in switching.

Peter

Yep, I'd recommend 12-15 psi, rather than 10. I sometimes shoot at 20, but I don't actually pay that much attention to the numbers, and just go by feel, as it were.

Kev

Guest Maxim

Thanks for the tips guys. I did shoot some tonight at about 10-12 psi through my Infinity CR Plus and a 0.4mm nozzle  and put two drops of Mr Color Leveling thinner in the paint cup. This stuff is smooth as silk and reminds me of spraying the old Floquil paints.

Edited by Maxim

Guest Peterpools

Try a few drops (2-4) of Mr Color Retarder Mild to the cup of MRP. Keeps the paint a bit wetter and helps let the paint flow on super smooth. Lacquets need a bit of retarder to kerp them from starting to dry before they reach the model surface.

Peter