AIMS News

Pastor John

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

John

Glad the surgery went well and you're now in the healing process. Looks wonderful

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Good luck with the recovery. Actually, it isn't luck so much as hard work. Those people I know who have recovered well put in the hard work required to regain flexibility and strength. You have our prayers and good wishes to have a strong recovery. Keep having fun, and keep working on that.

Tnarg

All the paperwork is in Hungarian so not sure if it is an ACL? Basically a major ligament from the Patella to the Tibia was sliced off the Tibia and stretched and bolted further to the right to help pull knee cap over a little bit. Now that knee cap is in right place I have a change to rebuild the inner Quadricep muscle which has almost completely died over last 20 years from the knee cap not being in right place and causing pain always. First two ops in UK found nothing wrong, 3rd op here in Hungary - surgeon had right idea detaching a ligament but he never screwed it back believing if knee cap was more free I would have less aggravation - he never checked that I had so much atrophy and so with atrophy and na even more free knee cap the last 2 years have been terrible! And so now I have knee cap finally in right place after a severe knock in 1995 and the chance to get the muscle group working again. Next week no crutches!!!! help!

Great that you finally received conclusive treatment - I broke my ankle, badly, over a decade ago, couldn't put any weight on it when in plaster, was nerve racking putting weight on it, but the fear quickly passed.

All the very best with your recovery, long road, but you'll get there, and be the better for it.

• 2 weeks later...